Author Topic: air fillter  (Read 2965 times)

agility50fan

• View Profile
air fillter
« on: September 30, 2009, 07:56:09 AM »
in have a kymco agility 50 will a aftermarket air fillter give me more speed and if so where can a get one. i get up to 39 mph on the flats now and what it to be faster.

agility50fan

• View Profile
Re: air fillter
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »
i was also think about a exhausts would that make me go faster. and if so where can i get one

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:51:59 AM »
...you might gain some top end speed, but the greater difference will be in general power...

..you must also tune your carburetor after installing air filters and pipes...

..that can get tedious...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

agility50fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
do you know of and websites where i can buy these things that are made for my agility 50 scooter

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 10:44:43 PM »
Moped Hospital seemed pretty knowledgeable of the Kymco's.  Try mhr-usa.com and call and talk to them.

HillsOhNo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »

I spoke to a kymco dealer about this as trying to wring more out of our super 8 50t, and they said they tried allsorts of various aftermarket filters and jets etc with them, but ended up going back to the origional air box as worked best all round.

Have you tried fitting an 82 or 85 jet with the standard box, we are about to fit the 82 for now as couldn`t get the 85, also about to do the cdi snip which sounds as if it really helps.

Whats it like for hills etc where you are as we are popping in 4.7 gram rollers this week, a scooter tuning place told us for cost value lighter rollers add the best boost.

If not too hilly where you are 5 grams would be about right I hear.

Its all one long learning curve trying to get the best out of the 4t engine.

I was told they actually run far better once the cdi is done so the revs less limited by a Kymco dealer when I ordered the jet( and on here thanks) and they actually run where they are supposed to and better. Maybe even better MPG too.

I was also told they are only run in at about 4000 miles and then go far better !!!! so we still have around a 1000 to go on ours.

We also just bought the right Iridium NGK spark plug CR7HIX does a larger better spark which should help staring and running and fuel etc, also it says on the NGK site they need less electric charge so good news on the cdi snip as you get to the higher revs the charge reduces a bit so if less is needed for these plugs to still do a top spark all for the good.

I`d give them a go, same in the agility as the super 8, same engine I believe, I`ll get back once it gets here in the post and goes in.

Good luck etc.

Best Mark.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 11:37:04 PM »
Just another thought, you may see better performance on hills by switching to a stiffer main clutch spring.  This may make the transmission downshift quicker to keep the rpms up for the climb.

HillsOhNo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 11:57:21 PM »
Thanks we may give the spring a try.

Going over to my cousins house next week ( he has a tool buying fetish !!!!!) to do the rollers,NGK Iridium, CDI and Jet.

Although its my sons steed I nipped for a quick scoot around the hills tonight and its a bit serious at the moment, but on the flat OK, got up to 38 pretty well and I`m 14 stone but you can feel the rev limit even on a downhill slope 40 is your lot at the moment.

What might we expect after the CDI snip and 82 jet please ???

Best Mark.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:02:48 AM by HillsOhNo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 12:03:19 AM »
Thanks for the tip on the "plug"!!! I've been looking for something that will reduce load, and optimize spark. This sounds like it's worth looking into. I will 4-sure post more on this!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

HillsOhNo

• View Profile

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 03:19:13 PM »
Thanks for the link Mark. I forgot to answer your last question. W/ the mods. you are doing,I would expect to see 45-47 mph on the flat, with with a fighting chance of beating your "hills". you will find the mods. worth it!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

HillsOhNo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »
Heres the UK Link for the CR7HIX, our part of the world.

Yes hopeful to see 45 ish, his mates 2 strokes seem to do about that and 50 down hills so he shouldn`t be too far away and me when I sneak out for a quick spin round the lanes on it.

At present even down hill it can just about scrape 40/41 but feels clogged up. I take it thats the cdi restriction, a kymco chap told us if you can see 40 on the clock the variator bush must be done.

Anyway managed to order an 85 jet form ebay UK for £3.10 posted which seemed pretty reasonable.

I just wondered if we put a leo vance exhaust on, would that improve top speed etc (over the 45/47 once we do the cdi, and jet ) and MPg,s still be OK.

Best, and thanks, Mark.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260410602248&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 03:29:01 AM »
cooolllllllllll! I would reccomend the Technigas exhaustThere is NO tuning to this pipe, other than the amount of noise you can live with. I keep asking people to use SURF CANYON as a resorce, because you will find a lot of usefull info. One more thing on jetting.... I found using Welding tip cleaners will work the same as pin-drills, I had to increase my main jet, and don't want to spend ANYTHING

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()