Author Topic: Cheng Shin Tyres ???  (Read 6067 times)

HillsOhNo

• View Profile
Re: Cheng Shin Tyres ???
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 03:01:16 AM »
Trouble is the 14 inch tyres choice is a very small one, and more costly !!!!

We are throwing cash at the bike at the mo anyway but £150 fitted for 2 heidenaus is way too much for a run around.

Best Mark.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 06:17:08 AM »
Tires are probably the least of your worries at this point.  I would just run the chengs till they are gone.  I've got 13500 kms on mine!  They last forever!  The rubber is a pretty tough compound, I've been trying to wear them out, they just keep going!

Dawsman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »
Yes. The Cheng Shins will run forever. Thats not the issue. They are a bad tire. The profile is not a round profile, they have raised center and a sever slope down to the sides. If you never turn sharp or lean the scoot over in turns youll never notice the bad angle. But if you ride aggressivley, the difference between ths CS's and some new good rubber is like night and day. Cornering is improved, overall stickiness is improved. Softer compound is much safer in wet weather IMO.  $150 installed is not bad at all (try having a Honda dealer install some tires for you! Ouch! Very expensive. daws.

ianfm40

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »
Ok. The stock tyres are sh** and will kill you. I have been riding motorbikes for over 20 years and have never seen anything so bad.

I have put a Pirelli diablo 120/70/14 on the front fits straight on
On the back sits a Pirelli diablo 140/70/14 have to take off rear mudguard, no great loss.
Bike handles totally different. Turns a little slower, but firmer and with more feel and so much more grip.
Well worth the money. Yes the will wear out quicker but that is the compromise for staying upright when things turn to sh** on the road.
And yes the stock tyres go off after around 4k miles or 7k odd Kim's. still tread left but no grip.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()