Author Topic: Beware: Kymco Parts Monster  (Read 2779 times)

NigelB

• View Profile
Beware: Kymco Parts Monster
« on: July 04, 2014, 08:26:23 AM »
Hi All
Just a heads up to beware when purchasing from Kymco Parts Monster http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/
They also are affilliated to Polaris Parts Monster, Suzuki Parts Monster, Victory Parts Monster, Yamaha Parts Monster.
The contact email is parts@interstatecycle.com but you will not find this on their website because the customer service page has been removed.

I live in New Zealand and ordered a complete clutch and drum for my Bet & Win 250, using Paypal. I waited and received the goods 3 months later, but the clutch was wrong -it was for a 150 B&W. I tried to contact them for another 3 months - they initially responded and then...nothing. Paypal will not refund because it is out of the 45-day refund period.

I am now out of pocket by $250 AND I still don't have my parts. I have been mugged by these criminals. So beware.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
thanks for the heads up
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 02:04:48 PM »
I was preparing to buy about $130. worth of parts from them.
Now i'll have to rethink my situation.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

NigelB

• View Profile
Re: Beware: Kymco Parts Monster
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
I've always had reliable service from stadiumyamaha. Last time I contacted them was Nov 2013, but it looks like they took down their Kymco page. Try emailing them on parts@stadiumyamaha.com. All the best.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 10:32:43 PM »
I thought I heard that Stadium has given up on Kymco and will no longer get parts.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 08:38:09 PM »
Hi All
Just a heads up to beware when purchasing from Kymco Parts Monster http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/
They also are affilliated to Polaris Parts Monster, Suzuki Parts Monster, Victory Parts Monster, Yamaha Parts Monster.
The contact email is parts@interstatecycle.com but you will not find this on their website because the customer service page has been removed.

I live in New Zealand and ordered a complete clutch and drum for my Bet & Win 250, using Paypal. I waited and received the goods 3 months later, but the clutch was wrong -it was for a 150 B&W. I tried to contact them for another 3 months - they initially responded and then...nothing. Paypal will not refund because it is out of the 45-day refund period.

I am now out of pocket by $250 AND I still don't have my parts. I have been mugged by these criminals. So beware.

Wow!! I to just been ripped off!  Months ago I ordered rollers for my downtown and they sent me only 6 when there should have been 8 in the package.  Just was at the garage and come to find out they don't fit my scooter at all!! I knew something was wrong with these people cause when I ordered them it took them forever to find out why I got the wrong part and they ignored me for the longest time and I just came home to go on the site to call them and tell them I want to return the rollers and want my  70 bucks back!  Most of this was shipping!
Kat :)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 01:25:41 AM »
Wow!! I to just been ripped off!  Months ago I ordered rollers for my downtown and they sent me only 6 when there should have been 8 in the package.  Just was at the garage and come to find out they don't fit my scooter at all!! I knew something was wrong with these people cause when I ordered them it took them forever to find out why I got the wrong part and they ignored me for the longest time and I just came home to go on the site to call them and tell them I want to return the rollers and want my  70 bucks back!  Most of this was shipping!

Aren’t they closed down now?
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 01:44:35 AM »
Aren’t they closed down now?
I believe they are indeed finished doing business with Kymco parts.
A shame - they were my go to parts people for years.
Please try the other, recently recommended dealers who will do mail order for Kymco parts.
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=28174.0
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 08:55:27 AM »
Mail order parts?   What happened to going to your dealer? After 64 years of doing this, and over 75 new bikes, I find face to face at dealer works best for OEM parts----stuff other than OEM, Like Givi, I find dealers sometimes know little-----ordering by "mail" I have been stung a few times. Clothes? you take your chances, I find the "good stuff" like Aerostich easy to deal with by phone.

Trying to save a little mail order can cost more in the long run.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 07:27:53 PM »
Mail order parts?   What happened to going to your dealer?

In most places, there are no Kymco dealers.  My closest Kymco dealer is 75 miles away. It's all done online these days.

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »
I get my belts, rollers, sliders and spark plugs from Taiwan Big Scooter shop and OEM parts from Racing Planet. They are more reliable as well.

P.S. I am in Australia
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:21:52 PM by mousejunks »
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 12:33:50 PM »
Maybe this is why Kymco USA has hired an ANSWERING SERVICE to take calls!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()