Author Topic: Not a happy camper, though I love my Super8…  (Read 4392 times)

PeTroL42

• View Profile
Re: Not a happy camper, though I love my Super8…
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 09:07:06 AM »
No worries, I'm glad I could help out.

lukasbasic

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 04:25:15 PM »
weird, i got stock tires from new , 4500miles on, and they still look pretty good

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »
weird, i got stock tires from new , 4500miles on, and they still look pretty good

That's because the Cheng Shins are really hard tires. They last a long time with little or no wear. But, the hard tires don't grip worth a crap on wet pavement.
Mine have 2000 miles, and still look like new. I'm fairly conservative when I ride, so I haven't really had any issues with the stock tires. But, I have noticed on the couple of times when I need to do a short hop on a 55 mph road, that those hard nylon tires make the most GOD-AWFUL whining noise at speed.
I'm definitely looking for different tires when the time comes.
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 06:49:18 PM »
It's not only the rain... Morning dew, and the painted stripes on the road are deadly. I've been caught off guard a few times.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

lukasbasic

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 09:19:56 PM »
you're right, they are horrible on wet pavement, here in socal the pavement is dry for the most part so I haven't been noticing it too much. but occasionally going over some water (burst pipe) in a curve the bike started slipping at very low speed - I was wondering like wtf is this

That's because the Cheng Shins are really hard tires. They last a long time with little or no wear. But, the hard tires don't grip worth a crap on wet pavement.
Mine have 2000 miles, and still look like new. I'm fairly conservative when I ride, so I haven't really had any issues with the stock tires. But, I have noticed on the couple of times when I need to do a short hop on a 55 mph road, that those hard nylon tires make the most GOD-AWFUL whining noise at speed.
I'm definitely looking for different tires when the time comes.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()