Author Topic: Like 200i front lights  (Read 3097 times)

Bernie

• View Profile
Like 200i front lights
« on: May 27, 2014, 02:25:57 AM »
How do you replace the front panel signal lights?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Like 200i front lights
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:24:32 AM »
How do you replace the front panel signal lights?
Running lights, or the 'dead' signal lights for the US market?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Bernie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »
Scoot has signal lights on stems at the speedometer panel level. Those are not the lights I'm talking about. I guess it would be the ones near the fender, which seems to include the "dead" (or not connected) turn signal lights and the (what are they?) running lights. I've unscrewed the eight screws that supposedly secure the back panel (that includes the glove box (for lack of a better word). But, something still seems to be holding down the panel, and the running light-dead signal light lense doesn't budge.
   BW: Thanks for the quick response.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:35:11 PM »
Scoot has signal lights on stems at the speedometer panel level. Those are not the lights I'm talking about. I guess it would be the ones near the fender, which seems to include the "dead" (or not connected) turn signal lights and the (what are they?) running lights. I've unscrewed the eight screws that supposedly secure the back panel (that includes the glove box (for lack of a better word). But, something still seems to be holding down the panel, and the running light-dead signal light lense doesn't budge.
   BW: Thanks for the quick response.
Look back thru the LIKE200i posts on this forum - I think those dead lights and front panel removal were addressed a few times.
In the USA we have to have those stalk mounted lights...and so the designed turn signal lights  are not set to work on our scoots.
You can get to those running lights (the 2 that stay on all the time by turning the front wheel all the way to the side and reaching up under  to get hold of them (there are pictures of this in the LIKE history/posts). Inside the glove box there is a black panel on each outer side. Remove the screws and the panel (info on this in the LIKE/HX/posts) and you can reach down into the front panel to both the dead and live front lights.
Are you wanting - as have several owners - to remove the stalk lights and re-light those 2 dead lights for turn signal functioning?

I think even www.justgootascoot.com mentions this for a windscreen mounting.
Lots of stuff on this in the back "pages" of this forum.
Let us know how it's going...
Welcome to the group!
Stig
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:39:31 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Bernie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 01:32:40 AM »
Thanks , I'll give it another try. However, I have unscrewed the black panels in the glove box, but they wouldn't move a millimeter. I'm reluctant to try to pry them out 'cause, being plastic, I'm afeared they'll crack ... ditto the "eight screws" panel (within which is built the glove box). Do you have to lift, twist, turn etc. to get them out? And, I'll try searching the old posts. BTW: Yes it'd be cool to have both the stem and body turn signals. Brighter running lights would be a plus, too. The stock lights are pretty dim. The more attention I can get, the better.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 01:57:52 AM »
Thanks , I'll give it another try. However, I have unscrewed the black panels in the glove box, but they wouldn't move a millimeter. I'm reluctant to try to pry them out 'cause, being plastic, I'm afeared they'll crack ... ditto the "eight screws" panel (within which is built the glove box). Do you have to lift, twist, turn etc. to get them out? And, I'll try searching the old posts. BTW: Yes it'd be cool to have both the stem and body turn signals. Brighter running lights would be a plus, too. The stock lights are pretty dim. The more attention I can get, the better.
There is a LIKE post on removing those 2 black panels once the screws are out....I think you grab them by the edge closest to the front of the scooter (away from you as you look in there!) and pull the left front edge  to the right, and the right one to the left - to release them. They aren't stuck but rather seated/notched at the edge closest to you and loose towards the front tire. Pull sideways from the tire edge and they come loose. You'll get the hang of these Taiwan mysteries.....90% of the time it is pretty simple to remove the panels if you take your time after the screws are out. Push, pull, slide sideways (!) gently after ALL the srews are out...and the panels come loose!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Bernie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 02:27:31 AM »
Thanks again. Got the black access panels off. Yes, it is ridiculously easy once you know how. And, one can touch the dummy outlet and the running light outlet. But, you'd have to be tiny-handed and double-jointed to get the bulb out. Still seems you have to pull the back panel. I'll have another go at it. Sheesh! Theydon't make it easy.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 01:52:27 PM »
Thanks again. Got the black access panels off. Yes, it is ridiculously easy once you know how. And, one can touch the dummy outlet and the running light outlet. But, you'd have to be tiny-handed and double-jointed to get the bulb out. Still seems you have to pull the back panel. I'll have another go at it. Sheesh! Theydon't make it easy.
I stuck a camera in there to take pictures - then blew them up on the Dell to see what'g going on.
I can remove & replace the running light bulb - reaching under and reaching down in there - yep, to do serious rewiring, something will have to come off. (there are posts here on that)
The cyclepedia manual does show you how to take off the front panel. You apparently start by removing the front fender, then the big black under panel, then center trim panel, then a bunch of side screws for the big front panel. Hope it is a long time before I have to do this!
If you're going to keep and service the LIKE 200i yourself..it probably is a good idea to purchase this manual. I think they have a year price and a lifetime price.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 04:03:56 AM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()