Author Topic: carburetor question  (Read 10069 times)

csor.zola

• View Profile
Re: carburetor question
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 07:47:33 AM »
OK. Thanks. I will do it by middle of the week.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 04:10:19 PM »
Zomb, Czor, That picture shows it IS a TPS. Czor's description of an unseen spring inside is just like the TPS found on my old Yager and on the DT300i. I am confused as to WHY there would be such on a CARBURETTOR! Why would there even be a computer on a carb machine? I guess I gotta a lot to learn. Setting this thing seems to be hit and miss since most of the service manual settings seem to be in error like on the DT300i. I had to find the "happy medium" on low and high resistance or voltage in the DT since setting to "spec" rendered the engine inoperable.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 05:12:03 PM »
OK, I found the answer: Thanks to zgr7 try this for the Dink 125 which looks very similar to the Agility 125. http://www.enmoto.com/enmotoonline/downloads/Specifications/Kymco/Reparituranleitung%20Kymco/

This is a pdf which downloads/populates quite slowly

Karl

That did not work: Do a search for "links to service manuals" author "zgr7" and find the link above; THAT works.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:18:11 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

csor.zola

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »
Dear Karl,
 Somehow that link does not work. It says not found. If it is not too big burden for you could you send it to my email, please. csor.zola@gmail.com

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »
The link I posted does NOT work. However, if you do the search like I said go to page 7 and the last post by zgr7 and hit his link which reads the same it will work. Since both are the same it makes no sense. But then a TPS on a carb made no sense, either. The TPS is connected to the CDI according to the wiring diagram for the Dink 125 so it has some function, what I have no idea.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

csor.zola

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 08:08:02 PM »
I am sorry Karl. I can't find it the way you said. Give me please the link of the page where the link is for the manual.
Anyway.  I have posted a question here about the tps. Maybe someone knows how to adjust

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 11:07:44 PM »
From what I gather the TPS only affects the Ign. Timing. Yet they call it a Fuel Injected bike?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »
I just now followed my own advice and it did not work! I did find what did work and for the Agility 125. Go to the "search" feature on this forum. Type in "sevice manuals" for subject. Put in "zgr7" for author. When the page shows click on the highlighted subject line which should be something about service manuals. zgr7 has a link that shows http://www.enmoto.com or something like that. This puts you on a page for just about anything that Kymco ever made. Go to Agility 125 which will show one line for each chapter of the 125 service manual. Click on the one ending in "5" and that is the fuel system. That looks like it tells you almost everything about your fuel system. I would post you directly if I were smarter!

Zombie: it ain't touted as a fuel injected engine but the carb does have a TPS that is hooked to the CDI. Go figure.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

csor.zola

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
Thanks Karl,

I have found it but total different way. I got the agility city 125 manual which contains the setting of the tps but....only how to check. Messaure its resistance. I went on dink125 but it does not mention the tps settings
I will check around more a bit. But if you know something let me know please

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 10:17:10 PM »
Every injected engine I have worked on uses 0.50 VDC as a base setting. That's a good place to start.

You could try increasing in 0.05 steps to find the "sweet spot".
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2014, 08:38:18 PM »
Reading the A125 service manual it does say the TPS should read 5k ohms at full throttle opening. Maybe that is the setting.

By the way, your Kymco dealer won't know, either!

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

csor.zola

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 07:00:46 AM »
I sent an email to kymco USA about this and got this asnwer back:
"The TPS on non fuel injected units is not a critical device. However it does help feed information to the CDI a more detailed adjustment of the timing curve. It is not recommended that these be removed. If it must be removed it should be marked and placed back as close to possible as the original position. If this is not done, we have no way to calibrate this outside of the factory."

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 08:48:50 PM »
That is good info! I am surprised that Kymco answered you in this lifetime! Pretty much it is set and as long as you get it back close to what it was you should be good. Now, does your scoot still not start?

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

csor.zola

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
Well Karl...this scooter drive me nuts. It sometimes starts with one kick. But after it seems that it changes its mind and does not want to start. For example: today morning one kick. Sorry two...and started. Turned it off and try it again, one kick and the engine was runing. On the very same afternoon i have been tarying hard I just could not start it again not even to fire it up. A bit later i went back and couple of attempt after  i managed to start it with full throttle. I took it for a test drive....beautiful. Smooth and fast. I just don't understand.
I gonna swap the whole carb from my mate scooter to see if this is the problem. Today I will do the valve clearance but I got a problem with that. I opened a different topic. Because I can't see the index mark on the crankcase. Somebody adviced me to set up cam sproket lining up its holes but I am not sure if it's going to be spot on. But I need some advice what else can i check? Everything seems to be correct. I got spark so it is not the ignition. And when my sccooter starts it runs like a dream. I checked everything from the airfilter to the carb. But today I will go a bit further. And see
Do you have any idea
Just to let you know. This scooter was accident damage. I bought as a project. It had an impact on the right side. I think a car hit it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:48:25 PM by csor.zola »

csor.zola

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »
One more thing. I was trying to adjust the tps but on my scooter it is impossible to get that 5V as you said.  I can move it between 4.40 to 4.00V if I pull the throttle this number getting less. So, I could not do much. I left it in the middle position.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()