Author Topic: new owner of kymco agility 50  (Read 8449 times)

agility50fan

• View Profile
new owner of kymco agility 50
« on: September 15, 2009, 02:39:37 AM »
whats the first performance mod should i do to get more speed-power

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: new owner of kymco agility 50
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 04:38:54 AM »
Derestrict the cdi.  Then the remove the spacer/washer between the two halves of the variator if it has one and/or the variator boss.  Both of these will increase top speed, but not power.

scoot1234

• 31 yr. old hudsband and father of 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 03:18:59 PM »
 ;D  Welcome... from one newbie to another ::)

KYMCO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

hey. If you put a high performance filter, don't forget to change the main jet. ;)more air =more gas... good luck.  keeping the balance of things in the world...rock on! 8)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 03:25:45 PM by scoot1234 »
I love this forum! It's the best i have found; Very informative, especially because of knowledable peeps.ex.: 'wordslinger', 'shaka', 'Axy' or 'Zombie' just to name four...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 04:14:35 PM »
Derestrict the cdi.  Then the remove the spacer/washer between the two halves of the variator if it has one and/or the variator boss.  Both of these will increase top speed, but not power.

..after that, you could replace your stock main jet in your carburetor, which is probably an "80"...with an 85....that'll give you a bit more power..and it will also work with you stock air box..

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

agility50fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »
i have already done the chandge the jet to a 85 and removed the washer. in a bigger guy about 250lbs and the scooter on the flats goes about 39 mph.

what would be the next thing to do too my scooter to get more speed thanks.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 04:09:42 AM »
The cdi derestriction.  That will make a big difference!  Should easily get you up past the 40mph mark! ;)

HillsOhNo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »
Our super 8 50t has had the variator bush replaced with a smooth one to allow the belt to go out further and also a little job on the exhasut ???

I was told all kymco 4t`s need the smooth bush buying to fit and no ring to nip off ???

We were about to buy the 82 jet, is the 85 definatley OK with the std air box and how will that affect MPGs please folks.

I have to be honest as the bike has no rev counter I was wary of doing the cdi hack for fear or it being over reved, dies it really make  a difference though ??? Is it still restriced to an OK rev limit then ???

I was just speaking to a chap who doesn`t rate Kymco,s as we try to get the 14 tires, almost an impossibility !!! only 1 company does them !! he sadi the 4t engine in the kymco is no better than the mainland chinese copies of it, but were were told the kymco is a better bet on the 4t side of thngs.

As its struggling on the hills, the tyres are going to cost a lot of cash, its starting to look like we should have bought a different make of scooter.

Looks good though.

Anyway anyone tried the  66 Heidenau tyres.

Hope you get the agility a bit more peppy, have you tried a set of 5.0 gram or even 4.5 gram rollers as supposed to help, we just got some malossi 4.7g`s to try as in a hilly area.

Best Mark.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
Our super 8 50t has had the variator bush replaced with a smooth one to allow the belt to go out further and also a little job on the exhasut ???

I was told all kymco 4t`s need the smooth bush buying to fit and no ring to nip off ???

We were about to buy the 82 jet, is the 85 definatley OK with the std air box and how will that affect MPGs please folks.

I have to be honest as the bike has no rev counter I was wary of doing the cdi hack for fear or it being over reved, dies it really make  a difference though ??? Is it still restriced to an OK rev limit then ???

I was just speaking to a chap who doesn`t rate Kymco,s as we try to get the 14 tires, almost an impossibility !!! only 1 company does them !! he sadi the 4t engine in the kymco is no better than the mainland chinese copies of it, but were were told the kymco is a better bet on the 4t side of thngs.

As its struggling on the hills, the tyres are going to cost a lot of cash, its starting to look like we should have bought a different make of scooter.

Looks good though.

Anyway anyone tried the  66 Heidenau tyres.

Hope you get the agility a bit more peppy, have you tried a set of 5.0 gram or even 4.5 gram rollers as supposed to help, we just got some malossi 4.7g`s to try as in a hilly area.

Best Mark.

...you should definately cut the cdi..It will make worlds of difference, and until you do, you will not get the performance that you're looking for...my Agility 50 has been de-restricted for nearly 2 years, and I have put over 36,000 km on the old girl....keep up the routine service and you will be fine..and stick with the 85 jet...especially after you cut the cdi, you will need more fuel...

peace

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 11:29:51 AM by wordslinger »

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »
The engine should be fine with the cdi de-restriction.  Seems it was put in place more to limit the speed, than to protect the engine!  In the US I believe that all 50cc scoots have to be restricted to limit their speed to 35mph.  Limiting the rpm's is an easy way to meet that specification!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »
Trust ALL these posts, as these guys have been there/ done that. On the side, new rev limiter becomes your right wrist, you'll know when it's time!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

HillsOhNo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 06:21:06 PM »
All we could get was a 82 jet, ordered it today and was told that should be OK, hope so as we approcah the cdi fiddle.

Sounds as if the snip is going to help down there if you will, more zap for your blap. ( blap being the exhaust noise round here )

82 ok for now, its was a kymco dealer thought it should be.

thanks.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 07:27:55 PM »
All we could get was a 82 jet, ordered it today and was told that should be OK, hope so as we approcah the cdi fiddle.

Sounds as if the snip is going to help down there if you will, more zap for your blap. ( blap being the exhaust noise round here )

82 ok for now, its was a kymco dealer thought it should be.

thanks.

..82 should be just fine...I ran for over a year de-restricted with the stock 80 jet...

...85 jet is .033" diameter if you want to drill it out...I did mine...

or .85mm...

;D

HillsOhNo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 07:59:12 PM »

Hi thanks, we`ll pop that in and keep an eye out for an 85, everywhere here din`t seem to carry them or non in stock.

Anyway cdi chop , then the jet and the 4.7 rollers and see how she does on the steep bits.

Best Mark.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 10:31:10 AM »
Hi thanks, we`ll pop that in and keep an eye out for an 85, everywhere here din`t seem to carry them or non in stock.

Anyway cdi chop , then the jet and the 4.7 rollers and see how she does on the steep bits.

Best Mark.

..cool...you'll see an improvement, i'm sure...

peace

Stadium Yamaha

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 04:30:29 PM »
From my side of things, I always see alot of orders for CDI boxes. So be careful with whatever you do.  If you really want more power, why didn't you get a bigger model?  Just curious.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()