Author Topic: People s 50 4t 2007y max speed?  (Read 5428 times)

zero

• View Profile
People s 50 4t 2007y max speed?
« on: April 30, 2014, 10:57:29 AM »
Hi for All, im from Bulgaria :) i have people 50 4 t.  I want to tell you what I did on my scooter. I weigh 87 kg, scooter accelerated to 70 km / h.  But very slowly in the beginning. I changed my original 6.5 g rolls with 5.5 g rolls, now accelerates better but lost a top speed, of 62 km / h. I see the belt is litle short 724/17.5/30, original belts is 729/18/30!!! if i replace belt, will get my speed ?
Thank for all, sory for my bed english :)

zero

• View Profile
Re: People s 50 4t 2007y max speed?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 04:56:20 PM »
Can I replace with 732/18.5 Dayco?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 10:23:49 PM »
For your first post... Yes. The longer belt will get your top end back.

Second post... Never tried it so I don't know.
 The CVT has to be exactly balanced to work smoothly, and get full top/bottom travel.
The OEM Bando belt is really your best bet. After that a Gates PowerLink 748/18/28 is a good choice.

I learned to NOT pay attention to the belt numbers as a relation to size. Two makers with the same numbers are always different sizes.
Oddly enough the Gates 748 is shorter than the oem 729 so the numbers are meaningless
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 04:50:16 AM »
Oddly enough the Gates 748 is shorter than the oem 729 so the numbers are meaningless
This is true???? now I'm confused  ::)
Thank you for all my friend. I checked my dealer, no Bando in stock :( only Dayco, but I check for Gates.
Please look at this photo, i have 5mm free space: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7ofh7904s25nk3/DSCN5495%20copy.jpg  and this,  https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbelonossuh8732/DSCN5488.JPG  This is normal? I think the belt is wrong in short ( belt is 725/17!!!), should I buy a longer belt to get to the rim and disc?
Another question :) Can I run an engine without a protective cover of CVT?  So I will see what happens, but maybe dangerous for starter, cover is support for starter.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 05:04:00 AM by zero »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 05:28:00 AM »
You are right... The first Pict. shows the belt is too short. The perfect fit makes the belt even with the top of the rear pulley (torque drive), and sitting snug around the shaft on the front pulley (variator).

Where are you located? Maybe someone here is local to you, and has a source for the Bando belt. There is a dealer here in florida that has been selling cheap Ebay belts for years, and I catch quite a few of them in repairing his work. Just cause the dealer sells it does not mean it is correct.
Maybe your dealer is right, and the dayco works but I do not know.

The CVT cover not only holds the starter gear in place but it is what keeps your bike from falling apart. The engine case is cast aluminum, and will break in half if you ride without the case cover. That is where the strength comes from.

You can take a magic marker, and sort of "paint" the insides of the front pulley. When you ride it will rub off the marker, and show you how far up the variator the belt is riding. It should go all the way up. Same as the rear when the bike is sitting.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 06:23:11 AM »
You can take a magic marker, and sort of "paint" the insides of the front pulley. When you ride it will rub off the marker, and show you how far up the variator the belt is riding. .....

You are my saint, it's a great idea! Thanks :) I buy new belt, replace rols 5.5g with original 6.5g, and mark insides of  front pulley, then check :)
I from Bulgaria, I use Dayco belts for my cars, this is great belts. It's not like Bando or Gates, but very nice belt for price. If I not find Bando or Gates I get Dayco.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 06:42:51 AM »
You might want to try Dr. Pulley or Ninja Sliders. They are much better than rollers, and last, well I've had one set last 2+years so far, and when I clean them up they look as good as new.

I have 7gr Dr. Pulley, and weigh about 195lbs. I could go to 6gr but I'm waiting till these wear out. Maybe another 2 years? ;D
If you get sliders MAKE SURE you install them the way they show you. It's easy to mess up, and put them in backwards. I look at the package (i saved it) every time I put them in.

If you get a Dayco belt the marker trick will tell you what is happening. Even IF it is wrong you now have a spare. I learned the hard way.... Keep a belt, and some basic tools w/ you. I hate pushing.

By the way... Don't you guys have Vampires in Bulgaria! :'(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 06:45:17 AM by zombie »

zero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 07:08:29 AM »
I too :) Belt, spark, tools, all I need if scoot stops :)  although only drive in the city :) Dr. Pulley are nice rols,  but quite expensive for me :(  This is for me:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Ruckus-DR-Pulley-Slider-Weights-16x13-6-Gram-/151111954694?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item232ef97106&vxp=mtr
This must seem strange, but in Bulgaria 30 dollars a lot of money for rolls. I bought mine for $ 5 :)
By the way... Don't you guys have Vampires in Bulgaria!

It did not understand ::)  You ask me if we have vampires in Bulgaria? YES we have, these are beautiful women, they are the biggest vampires, have a lot of money for them, drink all your saved money :) But worth it.
p.p. Surely you confused with Romania, Earl Dracula, there are vampires in legend, but we no vampires even legend :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 07:25:36 AM »
I completely understand throwing away money on stupid things. Look at the For Sale section on the forum, and you can read about my ZX-50.
The reason I mentioned the sliders is because in 2 months when yours are shot you will be spending another 5 spot, and so on. The sliders will save you money in the end. They wont eat up your variator either. Just my 2 cents...

I surely am confused about the Vampires now. What you described about dollar drinking women is what we call Hookers, or Cougars. Most of the time I would WISH for a Vampire to come along... ;D ;D ;D ;D
I know there are no Vampires in Bulgaria. They all moved to New Jersey centuries ago. 8)

zero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 07:39:04 AM »
Hahahahah ;D  I'll write how new belt on Monday :)  Variator there is a big clearance то the hub, someday I'll have to change him, and then I will buy dr. pulley :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 09:47:31 AM »
When you say "big clearance to the hub" do you mean the belt is not touching the shaft on the front pulley?
If it is too low in the back, and not touching in the front... That means your control spring or torsion spring is worn. That spring squeezes the rear pulley, and returns the belt to the shaft up front

zero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 10:14:41 AM »
No Nо, belt is ok in front pulley, but boss shaking in the pulley. This one:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 05:16:42 PM »
You have to replace the entire Variator. The parts wear together, and replacing one component will cause it to wear faster. You can use any QMB 139 Variator off of Ebay for 20.00 bucks.
BUT I would highly recommend you get a Malossi/Polini/Jasil (Top Racing). They will work MUCH better, and out last your engine if you use them with sliders instead of rollers.

Even if you get a cheap Variator I would still recommend getting at least a set of Quality rollers. Stage6 are inexpensive, and so are the Polini. They are both made from Nylon so they do last longer.

zero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »
Ok :) I am now in the experimental stage. Will find the right belt. Will drive different rolls 5.5g. or 6.5g. to find out exactly what I want, and then can buy a nice variator and sliders rollers :) You will help me to choose, not too expensive, but nice :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 12:52:53 AM »
I understand you are 1/2 way around the world from here but Polini is Italian, and should be easy for you to find.
This is a very good all around variator. The price is the lowest you will find for the top three major brands. Polini/Malossi/Jasil (Top Racing).

If you can't find this or similar for a decent price I would be happy to buy one here (around 45.00 - 50.00 USD), and ship it over for you.I'll check at the post tomorrow, and see what they charge to ship 2 lbs. to Transylvania. 8) I know... Bulgaria. If it is something that could help we can set it up thru PM's here.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()