Author Topic: Puig Windscreen  (Read 1265 times)

big blue

• View Profile
Puig Windscreen
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:13:34 AM »
I thought it was about time to do a road report on the Puig windscreen which I installed  on my Like 200i LX. I have had a chance to try it both in traffic and out on the secondary highways and I have to say that I am well pleased. I have actually gained a couple of mph at top end but that's not all. The scoot will hold 50-55 mph very easily and without apparent strain. The air flow now goes over my helmet rather that into my chest. This allows me to sit upright and not have to lean into the wind. It is much more pleasant to cruise at highway speed. As yet I don't know about the headlight glare issue that others have mentioned but I wouldn't be surprised if it does. If that is too annoying I'll have to figure something out because I'm not going back. ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
Re: Puig Windscreen
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:42:45 AM »
That's a nice windshield. The mirrors look like they have been moved outward. Do you get better visibility with the change?
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:00:26 AM »
Crosswinds??
And would this work with non OEM mirrors?
I went to some length to get a good view behind me with my extra long Italian mirrors.
Would hate to lose that!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »
I want to try this but am nervous about the idea of moving the blinkers down back to the original location. But I ride in the cold so often and my lined gloves still don't keep the cold out after about twenty minutes of riding. The fact that this windshield extends to cover your hands makes this look good. To make it look even better they realized that the Like has a habit of putting a glare on the windshield and they made it black in that area.

http://biondiusa.com/kymcolike.htm
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:35:33 AM by NeoGenesisMax »

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »
That's a nice windshield. The mirrors look like they have been moved outward. Do you get better visibility with the change?

Thanks Lido- Yes that was sort of a side benefit of this shield. The mirrors were moved out about an inch on each side giving me a better rear view.

Stig- Crosswinds so far have not been a problem. If your Italian mirrors have the usual 8mm base they would work with this shield. They fit into the short side extensions and are held in place by a nut from below.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()