Author Topic: extra maintance for a smoother ride  (Read 851 times)

max oradea

• View Profile
extra maintance for a smoother ride
« on: April 29, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »
Hi guys since the start of the season i have been on the bike on and off for the last month putting around 1000km to the clock.
This is the third season since i got her, and now sitting roughly at 11000km. few little things i would like to share with other venox owners.
1. always drain your bowls before winter storage! ALWAYS! this will save you time and money for a carb clean or using additives to wash the jets.
2. The springs on the auto valve chain tension devise is weak, if your bike has been sitting for a long time for example during winter please open up the caps on individual tension device and use a minus screw driver and give the device a little help by turning against the spring lightly to free the devise from long time stand still and rotate it with the force of the spring until a light snug(! dont over rotate the spring, 1/4 turns in and out repeatedly will be enough), repeat it a few time to free the devise. Caution when doing this for the rear cylinder since its difficult to get to and oil will drip out while the cap is unscrewed.  After this easy maintenance you will hear a significant change on valve train chatter.
3 during winter storage ; rotate the rear wheel so the chain is moved approximately 1/2 turns(meaning sprocket part to straight and straight part to over the sprockets) every month so that the chain is pulled evenly, this will make a smoother ride also at the beginning of the season.
4.  idle mixture screw on the manual is bang on 2- 1/2 turn out for a new air filter, if your air filter is one year old or having 1 oil change life(6000km+) on it turn then adjust  the screw in 1/4 to 1/2 in to achieve the same air to fuel mixture. pull plugs to check mixture by letting the bike sit idle after 1 min. both plugs should have a light brown coat on it.
I hope this helps if i think of anything i will post on this page in the future! Ride safe!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:53:29 PM by max oradea »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()