Author Topic: Shopping for an MXU150  (Read 2172 times)

gunwalder

• View Profile
Shopping for an MXU150
« on: February 21, 2008, 06:08:19 AM »
I am not going to pretend to blow smoke up any of your arses, I probably won't be a full time poster on this website, but I am just looking for some input on the mxu150.

I just got introduced to KYMCO today, actually the Yamaha dealer recommended it over the Grizzly 125, and I tend to agree with him.  More bang for the buck, but I thought I had better get some outside opinions other than from a dealer.

The primary rider for the mxu150 will be my 8 year old.  I know that seems awfully young, but she is already 4'8" tall and about 130 pounds.  I just think that the mongoose 90 would be too small too soon.

Thanks for any input, or if I can answer any questions to shed some more light on my scenario.

Thanks for all your time,

GW

MXU500_Red

• View Profile
Re: Shopping for an MXU150
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »
I am not going to pretend to blow smoke up any of your arses.......
Not quite sure what you mean by that ???.....
But anyaway, you won't me making a mistake buying the MXU150. I bought one for my son in Nov. 2006. It has been the best machine for him and I am so glad that I decided to buy it for him. I was a little unsure about getting him a 150 for his first quad, but he mastered it in no time.
It has been trouble free for the most part (one time a wire rubbed through againstthe frame and caused it to go dead) and has had no major problems. Replaced the rear brakes once, spark plug once and recently had to clean out the carb. It has a bout 1300 miles on it now.
it is a great all around machine for a youngster.

'07 Kymco MXU500 (mine)
ITP Mud Lite XTR 26/9/12 - 26/11/12 on ITP Type 7 rims
AC Racing slip-on pipe
Warn 3000 lb. winch

'07 Kymco MXU300 (wife)
EPI Clutch Kit (rollers/spring)
1.5 " Wheel Spacers

'07 Kymco MXU150 (son)

gunwalder

• View Profile
Re: Shopping for an MXU150
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I was lucky enough to find the other forum with lots more input about the 150, so much so that I told the dealer to uncrate me one and get it ready to hit the road.  I hope my daughter is as excited as I am.

Thanks for the time to reply,

GW

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()