Author Topic: Exhaust came loose  (Read 10572 times)

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
Re: Exhaust came loose
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2015, 10:49:39 AM »
Regarding what kymcousa inferred to you about self maintenance voiding the warranty, check out the Magnuson-Moss warranty act (I realize you're moving on with the exhaust issue but there could be other issues before you and Bandit part).  I always thought you HAD to go to the dealer for routine maintenance but it appears from this that you do not (though I would suggest doing your own research, and I'm going to study it more myself).  I haven't looked at the warranty in a long time but as I recall it covers just about everything for the first year and the only either parts or repair work for the second year.  Hope you've found someone to weld your pipe back together so that you can get back on the road soon.
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2015, 02:25:37 PM »
Regarding what kymcousa inferred to you about self maintenance voiding the warranty, check out the Magnuson-Moss warranty act (I realize you're moving on with the exhaust issue but there could be other issues before you and Bandit part).  I always thought you HAD to go to the dealer for routine maintenance but it appears from this that you do not (though I would suggest doing your own research, and I'm going to study it more myself).  I haven't looked at the warranty in a long time but as I recall it covers just about everything for the first year and the only either parts or repair work for the second year.  Hope you've found someone to weld your pipe back together so that you can get back on the road soon.
Our USA Kymco warranty.....

To the original owner:
All parts and labor for the first 365 days.
Engine and electrical parts and repair labor for the first 540 days.
Engine parts and repair labor are covered for 730 days.

PS. this warranty is FULLY TRANSFERABLE to next owner (s) for the full 2 yrs. from orig. sales date from new.(just let KYMCO know of the transfer)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »
An exhaust pipe is not an "engine part"?  Just curious, and thanks for posting the warranty details, as I had forgotten them.  My thought in referring to the Magnuson-Moss act was about the hard time I had with Kymco and my dealer to get my front cover replaced when someone(not me) did not properly secure it.  I don't think it ever was covered under the warranty; I think the dealer finally sucked it up and paid for it when I threatened to Go to the attorney general's office on them.
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »
According to the KYMCO representative I spoke to, the muffler is not part of the engine and is only covered under the first year of the warranty. Rain today, welding estimate tomm.
Wayne

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 12:39:33 PM »
wkreps: I'm sorry to hear about your S8 150cc exhaust issue. I bought a new S8 150cc in 2012 & I noticed that there was red paint splatter over the white paint near the floorboard. I told my dealer I wouldn't complete the delivery until Kymco replaced the plastic panel. They did without an issue. I think the Kymco Chinese factory isn't up to par with Taiwan. I put about 1K miles on her & sold it for a new SYM HD200. HUGE difference in terms of QC. Then again it cost $1,000 more.

Seems like you have taken to scootering. Consider moving-up (if funds are available) to a GT300i. It's so much nicer then the S8. But then again it's a lot more money. Kymco has some nice financing deals as well. I paid cash for mine as I sold my Suzuki TU250X motorcycle for $2500.00, then decided it wasn't worth a loan for another $2500.00 In the end, you'll LOVE the GT300i trust me. 
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()