Author Topic: Kymco ZX 50 Super Fever  (Read 3460 times)

Quesadilla

• View Profile
Kymco ZX 50 Super Fever
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:33:55 AM »
Hello dear smart people, So last night my scooter died while driving back home, no sounds or anything just cut out.
Every 15 minutes or so it will run for about 5 secs, but sounds like ignition is cutting out in between
Things i have done this morning:

Cleaned carb, no issues found, fuel gets to carb, spark plug is wet and it is light brown.
Checked for spark, Spark seems fine.
Cylinder,Piston and piston rings are fine.
Reeds are fine.
All electrical wires are connected as they should.

So the little knowledge i have about engines is self learned and pretty basic my thinking is one of these are the problem: CDI,Coil or spark plug(Can spark plugs Break? lol)

If anyone has some tips please reply i am a desperate man that does not want to walk to work

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX 50 Super Fever
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »
Was it raining when the bike failed ?

Quesadilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:26:01 PM »
No rain for days even, Going to purchase a new cdi, on close inspection there was a point in the middle where the plastic seemed to have melted seems like the most likely cause for the failure atm. 

Can only find a Cdi for the normal Kymco zx 50 fever(not super fever) is it the same part for both?

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 05:46:10 PM »
Clean your plug with a wire brush and regap it to 0.9 mill. Unscrew the supressor cap, chop a quarter of an inch off the HT lead and screw the cap back on. Refit the plug and cap then try to start the bike using the kickstart.

Quesadilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 06:32:18 PM »
Done that allready(replaced spark plug, checked all wires)

Found a guide on how to test the cdi on this scooter using a multimeter, 3 of 6 returned 0 where a value should be according to the scooters table.

If anyone knows if  Kymco zx 50 fever uses the same parts as super fever please gimme a reply!

Thank you for the the help naughty lee!

Trusty honda 1980 mt5 away!

brucea382

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 10:57:19 PM »
hope this helps.....Scooter Assassins has a Cdi for $45 shipping included....cheaper than any OEM Ive found. Also their customer service is great. Ordered from them several times and had 1 issue that was cleared up with 1 email. Ive been running that cdi for months with no issues.

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:47:11 PM »
Take the plug out and put your finger over the hole. Have an assistant push the kickstart by hand. Is there compression? It should force air from under your finger even if you press down hard

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 02:17:06 AM »
Easy...dio cdi | eBay
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=zx+dio+cdi&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xdio+cdi&_nkw=dio+cdi&_sacat=0

Ebay cdi's will have to be hard wired because the plugs dont match. It takes 5 minutes, and the colors are here on the forum...Easy

This one is a direct plug in...   CDI - Electrical - Honda DIO - PartsForScooters.com Store
http://www.partsforscooters.com/169-158-Honda-Dio-CDI

ZX CDI's go bad all the time, and will do EXACTLY what you said. Until they just fail.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()