Author Topic: The wait is over, another newbie  (Read 1820 times)

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
The wait is over, another newbie
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:20:04 AM »
 After a few weeks of looking, I brought her home from the dealer today. I cleaned her up and cruised the neighborhood. This machine is everything I heard it was. I can't ride too far. Still need license, MSF class, and insurance. I had to work on keeping the speed down for the break in.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

big blue

• View Profile
Re: The wait is over, another newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 02:22:46 PM »
WHOOHOO! Congrats on the new scoot. Take time to get to know her and ride safe. It is a great scoot. :D
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 12:09:41 AM »
Very nice - I'm rather fond of that combo of colors on a scoot ---- or, screaming deep red!
Good for you!
Ride safe when you are able...
Stig
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:10:51 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MtnGirl1

• Kymco 2013 Like200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »
Congratulations!  I just finished my MSF yesterday, and have to say, it's well worth taking.  I have about 9 mi on my 200i, so I have a lot of breaking in to do as well.  Enjoy, ride safe, and post pics from your adventures!!
Debbie
Grand Junction, CO

mrmike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 09:16:52 PM »
Congratulations!  I just finished my MSF yesterday, and have to say, it's well worth taking.  I have about 9 mi on my 200i, so I have a lot of breaking in to do as well.  Enjoy, ride safe, and post pics from your adventures!!

Congrats on your new ride Debbie. I suggest you change your engine and trans oil  out for a good synthetic product and then ride it like you normally would. Don't abuse it, but don't baby it too much either.  Respect your scooter, but don't be afraid of it. Always watch out for the other guy. Good luck and ride safe!
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

Seal Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 01:52:27 AM »
After a few weeks of looking, I brought her home from the dealer today. I cleaned her up and cruised the neighborhood. This machine is everything I heard it was. I can't ride too far. Still need license, MSF class, and insurance. I had to work on keeping the speed down for the break in.

Congratulations on the new bike neighbor!

My wife just got one identical to yours, they look great.  Best of luck!!

Seal Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 01:54:55 AM »

Way to MtnGirl!

My wife just finished MSF yesterday also, you girls rock!

Good luck to you & enjoy.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 05:40:02 AM »
Congrats on the new scooty. I got mine at the end of oct. and have done 2100 miles even though its been below freezing for like 40 days it seems. I wouldnt do what that other guy said just yet. I'd wait until your third oil change before switching to synthetic. Thats how ive broken in two brand new scoots and is how my dealer says to do it. Now the gear oil is a whole other can of worms. If it was a lesser brand I'd say drain that stuff asap but I trust Kymco enough to use a gear oil that is ok. Otherwise just follow the manual. So far my Kymco has been better than my PGO was.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 09:54:36 PM »
Oh, I don't know....I've seen prettier Kymco's..... ;)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 03:46:06 AM »
Oh, I don't know....I've seen prettier Kymco's..... ;)

Stig, I was torn between the blue/black and the LX. After seeing what you have done with yours, I chose the LX. You have taken some great pics. I love the chrome and the badges.

Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()