Author Topic: Salt worst enemy or harmless?  (Read 5380 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Salt worst enemy or harmless?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 07:03:13 AM »
My scooter is wet a lots of times and I go to the car wash once a week... no problem with rust... At the car wash, they use compressed air to dry my scoot....

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 10:38:09 PM »
       When I wash my scooter at home, I dry it off with a leaf blower. Works great!
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2014, 04:41:54 AM »
Salt and chloride combination out here ( Maine) is eating away peoples brake lines,gas lines,body parts, etc. and car washes are only a minimal help(even with bottom blasting) , so I won't expose my scoot to that ( nor do I trust sand/salt residue on roads) . I am going to replace everything I can get my mechanic to find , underneath my truck , that may be close to needing replacement from this...then FluidFilm it ( my mechanic calls it Gorilla Snot ). Wonder if it can be used on Scoots ? 
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

joebro

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2014, 05:47:19 AM »
Hmm never heard of it, sounds like it would help though bluesin. If you find out please get back to use on that.
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2014, 06:41:13 AM »
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

alphaBETAdog

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2014, 09:46:18 PM »
Just last week my Doctor told me to eat more salt!  Dropped 10 lbs, getting lots more exercise and riding the bicycle. Blood pressure down to 110/70.  Feel like I have much more energy. Sort of like those guys in the Testosterone commercials.  Hate to brag but...  Was showing off at this morning's Moto Guzzi breakfast meeting peppering AND salting my meal!  ;D

Oh...  You guys are talking about salt in the roads.  Nevermind - living in the Southwest I know nothing about that!  8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:52:47 PM by alphaBETAdog »
Central Arizona
'12 Kymco GTi300
'03 Aprilia Scarabeo 150
'08 Beta RS450 Dualsport
'13 Suzuki Vstrom 650

joebro

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2014, 10:29:42 PM »
Hey this fluid film may work. I might buy some next winter and sprayer down good.  :D
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()