Author Topic: Side stand safety switch  (Read 1554 times)

big blue

• View Profile
Side stand safety switch
« on: October 12, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »
Hi all, does anyone know where the safety switch is located for the side stand on the Like 200i? I usually use the center stand when parking but last night I had the side stand down. When I got ready to leave I did not pull the stand up and the scoot started anyway. I'd like to check the switch to see if it needs adjusting or replacement. Thanks

Len
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

rogerd1944

• View Profile
Re: Side stand safety switch
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 08:52:44 PM »
Mine is the same .Could be none work?

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:55:29 PM »
I know it worked at one time but haven't used it in a while.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 12:54:15 AM »
OK, I truly believe that this is like the "kick start or electric start"mis-info on our LIKE 200i's

We DO NOT have kick starters on our LIKEs, in spite of what some sites state - and in spite of what is printed in the owner's manual which came with our scoots,  we DO NOT have a side stand lock-out on our N.American LIKE 200i's ~~!

I brought this up with my dealer salesman a few months ago.....he brought out the head mechanic, showed him my manual  and this fellow checked under my scoot and 3 more on the shop floor. None of them have this side stand lock out switch.....and he did not see anywhere that it would be mounted, or any portion of any switch......So, nothing is missing or forgotten in assembly. It just is not on our scoots!

At least none that came to my dealer. And, from the reports of other owners of the LIKE 200i here in the States - it is wrongly printed in our manuals!

IMHO - rest easy. It didn't fall off or quit functioning. It was never there!

Sure, I think it would be nice to have one on my scoot - and probably some of those clever electro-geniuses on here could wire one up in an afternoon , using $7 worth of parts from Lowe's. But I can't.

IF someone has one on their LIKE 200i - please take a photo of it and post here!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »
Thank you Stig I won't even think about it again. I guess I just imagined it. I never ride away with it down anyway. Nice to know that my Like is STILL trouble free!   ;)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »
Thank you Stig I won't even think about it again. I guess I just imagined it. I never ride away with it down anyway. Nice to know that my Like is STILL trouble free!   ;)
You're welcome.
Perhaps the stand would fold if left down while moving forward---- but would not like to find out.
Makes me wonder what other Kymco models have this device fitted to their scoot....as it seems like a worthwhile safety feature.
Sure could be a disaster if someone read that portion of the manual.....and attempted to start their LIKE with the side stand down while giving it full throttle, and standing next to it!
He puts down the manual, steps up to his scooter and says, "Watch this safety feature, Honey!"
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »
It's on the DT.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 10:49:18 PM »
I have it on my 2012 GTI300!
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 05:43:15 AM »
It's on all over 200 cc's in US.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()