Author Topic: WORST DAMN LUCK  (Read 1731 times)

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
WORST DAMN LUCK
« on: October 07, 2013, 10:51:25 PM »
less than 3 weeks ago i installed my new Pirelli - Diablo Performance Rear Scooter Tire  150/70S-13.today riding to the doctor somehow a nail jumped up into my tread and nailed me brand new tire what luck now i have got to buy another don't like riding on plugged n patched tires :(

racewalker

• View Profile
Re: WORST DAMN LUCK
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:40:12 AM »
Had the same thing happen to me a few years ago on a new front tire.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 03:12:55 AM »
Maybe a good patch inside would still make your tire good...

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 09:36:36 AM »
  the same thing happened to me at 500 miles on the same tire did a repair, with plug it was good to bare threads on tire,.  as long as the nail is not close to the side wall

8eeman77

• Work hard, ride safe
  • I'm a scooter loving Apiarist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »
You should try using FlatMagic or other tyre liquid patch. Just remove tyre valve, add 250ml to each tyre, replace tyre valve & reinflate tyres. What the liquid tyre patch does is instantly fill puncture with little loss of tyre pressure. Patch is good for life of tyre. I recommend doing research about a similar product in your area & use it. It could save your life at high speeds too!
The Kymco DT 300i ABS is the best scooter you can get. I love it's carefree automatic ride. I would like to see kymco make a 600cc version but no heavier then the 300. I would buy it for sure

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 06:29:57 PM »
They don't allow  scooter tires to be plugged/patched in Maine.I bought a 4 year warranty on my tires (unlimited # of tires in that 4 years) and have replaced two in last year due to nails,etc.
 :-[
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »
They don't allow  scooter tires to be plugged/patched in Maine.I bought a 4 year warranty on my tires (unlimited # of tires in that 4 years) and have replaced two in last year due to nails,etc.
 :-[

Wow, I would say watch out for nails, don't ever run over a board or anything that fell out of a truck because it will have nails or screws attached, and don't ride in gutters for same reason, but it doesn't sound like anything will help your luck.
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

Croak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
I've ran plugs in my motorcycle tires for thousands of miles with no problems (I usually get about 5k miles on a rear with the way I ride, the sticky compounds I prefer and the torque of the bikes I choose).  It's actually kind of unusual when I don't have a plug in a tire at some point in its lifetime.

I'd have no worries at all running a plug in a scooter tire that suffers FAR less abuse than a motorcycle tire.  Way less weight, far lower speeds, greatly reduced cornering forces and lean angles, generally much shorter duration trips (when's the last time you rode 500-1000 miles in a day on a scooter?), and a whole helluva lot less torque, plus no clutch dumps or even much in the way of engine braking.
Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000
Kymco Agility City 200i (R16)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()