Author Topic: Info Requested 250 S  (Read 7141 times)

ophelia

• View Profile
Re: Info Requested 250 S
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 07:53:33 PM »
Does the front brake lever have good resistance, or does it feel too soft and spongy and travels much closer to the handlebar? Might be worthwhile to bleed the front brake.

Five minute operation with the proper crescent wrench, a small length of hose over the bleed nipple and a jar for brake fluid. Squeeze lever hard and quickly open and close the nipple. Some fluid and bubbles will come out into hose. After nipple closed, pump the lever. Squeeze and open/close the nipple. Repeat until the brake lever is firm when you grab it after pumping. There should be no more air bubbles coming out the nipple too.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 08:32:17 PM »
It has a solid feel to it but a bleed still would be in order just to rule that out. Maybe the twin disk up front has something to do with that.

The odd thing is no one on here seems to own a PS250 for reference.  :o
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 10:23:52 PM »
Sorry to be so long replying.  I've been going back and forth with Columbia Scooters on the windscreen.  I have it.  It has no curve built in, unlike the original windscreen.  The holes are not lined up very well at all.  The center hole in particular is too far from the bottom of the screen.  Spoken with them 3 times.  They say to just force it into place.  But I've been hesitant to do that.  Bum right shoulder doesn't help.   Rotator cuff surgery this summer.  They also said I may need to resize the holes to make them work.  I may end up just returning it.  They've been very reluctant to accept a return and I haven't pushed them on it yet.  Not a plug and play experience. 

About the screen.  It's not as thick as the original screen.  Don't know if that along with the extra height will cause it to flutter in the wind.  Being taller it is difficult to bend into place.  It's going to be a two man job to install.  It doesn't seem like it will interfere with any existing hardware on the scoot, it's just a pita to install.
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 10:25:10 PM »
My brake levers pull pretty evenly.  I two-finger them both the same. 
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 05:26:01 AM »
Thanks for the replies Mr Johnson,

If you decide to keep the screen soaking in Hot water would help mold the screen around. I have used this method on small plastic items in boiling water. I am still trying to locate fit kits for the Givi screen, so far unsuccessful attempts on ordering.

If installed does the screen seem like it would be too much up in your face?

I will probably bleed the brake system and see if that helps.

Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

mmaxima

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 07:42:36 PM »
I bought and installed the following wind shield. It completely block wind and I really like it. It's designed for European model that don't have the turn signal but it'll work for the US model as well. The turn signal will touch the wind shield. I see you are in Allen. I'm in Plano. Let me know if you want to check out the installed wind shield.

http://www.euronetbike.net/is-sc2728.html

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 04:02:05 AM »
Yes I would be interested in seeing the shield. Where about in Plano are you? I am in the vicinity of 75 and Bethany.

I have found the hardware for the Givi shield but I can't order it from one as my address will not take on their site and the other site charges too much freight. I need to see if someone on here can order and forward me the hardware. I happen to have access to the  one Mr Johnson ordered and ordered one of those myself for what I hope for a lot less money so if I do not like it I am not out much.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 07:21:12 AM »
Michael, it was good to meet up with you Sunday, thanks for taking the time and showing me your shield, large with good coverage and you had a wealth of knowledge that was beneficial to me.

Don't forget to air your front tire, the steering will be much lighter, less effort.

Here is the thread on a couple of items we discussed.

Grip Covers
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=10293.msg106086#msg106086

Various Top case  samples, I did go with the Shad as I like the locking mechanism better. This link does not start at the top, you have to scroll up.
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=10333.msg106397#msg106397

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:24:05 AM by TLRam1 »
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

mmaxima

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 05:17:49 PM »
Thanks. I did inflat my tires. It makes a lot of difference. I am also going to change my front brake pad after comparing to yours.

Michael, it was good to meet up with you Sunday, thanks for taking the time and showing me your shield, large with good coverage and you had a wealth of knowledge that was beneficial to me.

Don't forget to air your front tire, the steering will be much lighter, less effort.

Here is the thread on a couple of items we discussed.

Grip Covers
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=10293.msg106086#msg106086

Various Top case  samples, I did go with the Shad as I like the locking mechanism better. This link does not start at the top, you have to scroll up.
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=10333.msg106397#msg106397

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 08:03:16 PM »
I left one thing out, the most impressive, Michael is realistic on gas mileage right off the bat! No sugar coating, boasting or funny numbers here. 
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()