Author Topic: Auto Choke  (Read 12613 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Re: Auto Choke
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 02:06:15 PM »
It's the black plastic thing that has wires coming off of it on top the carb.
Wayne

ester

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 11:31:57 PM »
Thank you for answering.

I tried to invert the polarity of autochocke, it didn't help. I guess the original polarity was ok.

I created a video with my problem though. This one below is a thorttle play the first 2-3 minutes after startup. Notice the fall of rpm each time I pull the throttle.

This other video is taken about 3 minutes later. You may notice the problem is not so evident as before.

Today was 63F (17 Celsius) and outside humidity is 28%. The problem is more serious in colder weather.
Any idea what is the problem?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:34:23 PM by ester »

ravnus234

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 03:00:03 PM »
I have a Movie 150 and mine is doing the same thing.  Its so frustrating.  My scooter, once the auto choke turns off the idle goes from 3k rpm to 2k rpm.   Then it starts to sputter at idle and stall.  When i twist the throttle it bogs.  If I'm able to keep it running the WOT is fine and it will reach top speed.  I raised the idle to 3k and it seems fine but the clutch is almost ready to engage.  Has anyone else has this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ravnus234

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »
Mine had a blown head gasket.  Fixed under warranty thank god. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erics

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 01:21:56 AM »
I just got my 2013 super 8 150 with 4K miles. I am having major problems with the auto choke. If I remove the choke from the carb and place my thumb over the hole ,  the engine runs great. The moment the auto choke goes back in place the engine would not accelerate.
I am looking for a manual choke kit

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()