Author Topic: People 150 - no spark, new plug and boot assembly - any ideas?  (Read 2211 times)

alibigley

• View Profile
Hi - we called the Kymco place, talked to a mechanic, and they suggested we do an online search for an answer (sometimes I wish we had bought a HONDA!!!)

Any ideas what the issue could be?

SORRY - this is what happens when the wife types out the message - it's a 150, not a 250 as it used to say in the subject line.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:07:24 AM by alibigley »

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: People 250 - no spark, new plug and boot assembly - any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:39:12 AM »
A bad attitude?

Seriously... could be the ignition coil, CDI or something else... in that order.

alibigley

• View Profile
Re: People 150 - no spark, new plug and boot assembly - any ideas?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 03:13:26 AM »
No doubt the attitude sucks at this point  - after a lot of frustration and nobody around who knows the machine! He's worked on bikes for a lot of years (wrenching makes him cranky but he still insists on doing it) and this one's got him stuck.

Thanks for the suggestions.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 03:53:23 AM »
Well, the basics are spark, air and fuel -- if you have all three (in something approximating the proper amounts, at the right time), you have a running engine. If it's narrowed down to no spark, it's a process of elimination in the ignition chain, eh?  It shouldn't be too difficult to pin down, really. Check the ignition coil, first. If it's good, check the CDI, next.  One or the other will be the culprit in 98.7% of the cases, if you've ruled out a bad boot connector, already.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:00:20 AM by jprestonian »

alibigley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:09:15 PM »
Thanks again - I'll let him know. He's got a  friend who's an airplane mechanic coming over tomorrow so I'm hoping it'll be resolved this weekend. The weather's way too nice not to get to use my scooter!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()