Author Topic: new member and new owner of a venox 250  (Read 8097 times)

oldspower24

• View Profile
Re: new member and new owner of a venox 250
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 01:36:41 AM »
So fellas I haven't messed with the bike in a few days and decided to today hoping I could figure out why the tranny is stuck in gear and won't go out. The clutch is good but can't get it to change to any gear. My oil light came on so I decided to look into the issue and behold the engine is full of gas. Gotta bad float in one of the carbs. Guess I'll be getting the carbs rebuilt soon. But anyway do any of u fellas think that the motor being full of gas will stop the tranny from shifting. And no I haven't started it or tried driving it, I know it can damage the engine

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2014, 03:32:17 AM »
It has to be destroyed. Just some thinned down oil will not prevent it from shifting. You must have been unknowingly riding with that contaminated oil, and done some extreme damage.

I generally NEVER post such a bold statement so I hope I am wrong. Off to the shop with it
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2014, 03:49:38 AM »
But the shifter linkage was also bent forgot to put that in there. I actually haven't rode it but about 3miles. Never had it running good enough to actually drive it. I changed the oil before I ever did anything to the bike. And when the tranny got stuck I was going thru the gears by hand wasn't riding it. And haven't messed with it at all until today when I noticed the engine was completely full of oil gas mixture. I opened the oil filler cap and it just flowed out

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 03:54:39 AM »
I forgot to mention I slept with your daughter when I went over to pick up your lawn mower... DETAILS COUNT!

It's probably just stuck between gears. Fix the fuel issue, and it will be fine. Sometimes this happens, and as soon as you start the engine it will all line up again.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 06:06:22 AM »
from the top of my head there is one more way that fresh fuel can get into the oil and that is via the vacuum hose connected to the automatic fuel lock. it will cause also the rear cylinder plug to foul and create idle problem. because fuel is dumped directly in to the manifold. with a fouled plug and constant fuel dump the only place it can go is crank and oil. if your floats are not working you should see fuel poring out of your over flow pipes on the carbs 1st.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2014, 06:55:41 AM »
Way to go Max. I believe you nailed it. I have replaced petcocks for that very reason.

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2014, 02:47:11 AM »
Anybody have a picture of this petcock or vacuum line

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2014, 05:43:19 AM »
Anybody have a picture of this petcock or vacuum line
its behind the rear cylinder right engine cover going up to the vacuum paddock lock on the fuel tank. i will post a photo if you cant find it.

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2014, 04:38:44 PM »
I found what everyone is talking about. So do I need to replace the fuel tank petcock because if so I can't find it at any local parts store here. A buddy of mine told me to use an inline fuel shutoff valve and it would fix the problem is that true.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:41:24 PM by oldspower24 »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2014, 09:24:08 PM »
Kymco parts monster, about $31.00 ... pages 96 & 97 of the parts manual. Have you checked the fuel filter also ?
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2014, 10:32:45 PM »
inline fuel lock will solve the problem only if you block also the vacuum port to the rear cylinder as well. i have thought about it but i had easy access to parts so was not a big deal.
If you have very difficult problems getting the part then temporary using a simple in line lock and attaching an blocked tube to the cylinder vacuum port will work, for the convenience its better to get a new valve set that will come with a new in tank fuel screen. but as i said buddy if that part is going to take 2 weeks+ to get to you then a quick fix will be what you said.
A way to check if it is the vacuum lock dumping fuel is to use a syringe and try to pull fuel out by connecting the syringe and drawing it multiple times to simulate vacuum suction!
Good luck and hopefully it will sort out your problem. ps if it is your problem then you will be able to draw fuel and your rear plug will be wet and fear cylinder will not be firing, and no pulse from the respected exhaust.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

oldspower24

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »
Got the fuel problem fixed. Got the bike running she sounds better then ever. But still stuck in gear. I got it to upshift once but now it's stuck in 3rd gear.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2014, 07:50:17 PM »
Well you said the shift lever is bent. It may be the shift shaft is also broken or the indent return spring. If you pull that side case cover you will see the spring, and two "bosses" cast into the case.

Go to Stadium Yamaha for the pictures of the parts if you don't find them in the service manual.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »
have you changed new oil and oil filter after you have solved the fuel dumping problem?
about the replacement part they all look alike but its the diameter of individual tube and the main connector to the fuel tank is what you should be looking at.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:12:15 PM by max oradea »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()