Author Topic: WM29  (Read 4504 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: WM29
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 08:47:13 AM »
Hey, that 250s looks pretty cool, sorta like a space age version.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 01:33:24 AM »
..i like'm BOTH!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 08:05:29 PM »
after page 12 does look ps250 - my favorite quote  - .Removes the decoration covers by the little
tool push the decoration of a back claw.

:)>>

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 05:09:48 AM »
Sooo... inquiring minds want to know.. is this Service Guide going to help?  Aside from the fact that we don't know what the claws are and we still don't know what 'met-in box' really means.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 02:29:09 PM »
'met-in box'

The in-box for da helmet?

You put the helmet-in da box

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 05:48:06 PM »
I still like "pet carrier" more...

If you don't know... the underseat area in Vespas are commonly called "Pet Carriers" in the US.  Many of them must be moved during fueling the bike.  The underseat is like a bucket under the seat that can be turned and left in the bike or placed on the ground next to the bike to gain access to the fuel cap and filler tube.

Apparently some unintelligent person decided to place their small dog in the underseat bucket during a ride.  The animal died during the ride.  i assume it was tue to the heat and lack of fresh air.  The person sued Piaiggio (Vespa's parent company).

They now add the sticker below to the underseat area of all USA spec Vespa scooters.  
In true scooter style, they now call the underseat area, the "Pet Carrier"

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 07:46:56 PM »
A sym 200 out performs my ps250??  I find this amazing.  My ps250 is about twice as fast and fun to ride as my 200 Aprilia Scarabeo.  I know the scarabeo is doggy Chinese knock off, but now I have to go test ride the sym 200 - I will buy it if it is faster than my ps250 and easier to get to workings.

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 10:58:52 PM »
I accept your challenge as follows:
The HD 200 SYM has a lower top speed. If you look on Scoot Dawg or SYM owners forum, you will see that Jeff modded the FireDrake to hit 85 MPH GPS verified. But the stock HD does 73-75 MPH.

It will beat just about any car off the line except BMWs - they just can't stand to be beat by a scooter and will run you off the road before they allow you to win. So I don't challenge BMWs anymore. But aside from the crazy German car drivers, no car that pulled alongside me at a light ever beat me.

The roll on accel from 20-50 MPH is just amazing. I have an on ramp to the parkway near my house, it is my test strip. The S 200 will just about hit 50 on the ramp. The SYM is doing 60+ in the same space, and merges into traffic at close to 65 MPH. That's GPS, not indicated.

I don't know how the S250 rides, but the SYM rides like a big cruiser motorcycle. VERY solid ride, very unlike the S200, which seem to think it is a 50cc handling wise. Of course, which you prefer is a matter of personal taste, except that the SYM is fine on the highway, the S 200 is not.

After one crash and two drops and 6800+ miles, I have yet to remove ANYTHING from the SYM except for:
1. Front shield to change light bulbs and fill radiator.
2. Center panel to change spark plug. NOT the body, just the access panel.
3. Seat tub to adjust valves - no body removal, just the tub.
4. One side panel to pull the variator cover and replace variator and clutch. That panel just interferes with one bolt, and you could get in there with the proper flex tool, which I don't have.
Jeff simply drilled a hole in the panel, and now the panel stays on. In any case, it is only two screws!
5. Tail lights are changed by removing two screws and the lens comes off.

OTOH, the S200, which is similar to the S250, requires removal of the seat, front shield, luggage box, floorboards, center panel, body and the parts under the luggage box TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB! And don't forget the turn stalks, they gotta come off too, along with the front and rear covers over the dash. AND disconnect the speedo cable, have fun getting in there!
Spark plug requires removal of the seat tub and body.
Rear lights require removal of the seat tub and body.
Adding brake fluid requires the same steps as the headlights, as the box is under the same front covers as the headlights.

The exhaust can be removed without all the body stuff (to change the tire) IF you have a lift, otherwise pull the body to pull the exhaust.

I don't know if the S250 goes together the same, although the headlight stuff appears identical.

Yup, I challenge you to go ride and SYM and not have a big smile on your face!

spooker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 03:28:45 AM »
Spark plug requires removal of the seat tub and body.

For the PS250, you don't have to remove much to change the spark plug, just one tiny plastic panel near the foot area.  Don't know about the headlights and brake fluid, but for my sake I hope it's not too similar to the S 200!

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »
The S 200 also has the center hatch. But the body blocks access to the plug. I suppose if you had a lift and some kind of a good flex socket wrench, you might be able to get to it. But for the rest of the world, gotta lift up the body.

As far as the headlights and such, the issue on the S 200 is that the luggage box blocks the wiring from moving far enough to the rear to get inside the covers and release the bolts. To move the luggage box (only have to move it back around 4 inches) you have to pull out all the other stuff, including the floorboards and battery. What a total PITA.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()