Author Topic: My Setup so far ...  (Read 6261 times)

Raindrop586

• View Profile
Re: My Setup so far ...
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 08:20:26 PM »
Wrong its a 100 and nope runs boggy . so i orderd from jetsrus.com 6 more jets . rest they had for stock carb another 7 days. To try my veliocty stack 😎

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 07:10:18 PM »
I ported and hogged out the stock making old and cut the carb mounting flange off, as the PHBG is flange-less. I used a digital caliper to measure the intake diameter so it would all work together. The carb is coupled with a piece of rubber hose and clamps. No leaks, good angle, stock location and stock placement so the factory air box can be mounted without modifications. Im currently running a 110 main and 48 idle. I might drop the main back to a 108 or order a 107 as the 110 is sucking too much fuel. The butt dynomax can't feel the difference,  but as I literally watch the fuel needle dropping at WOT, I think it's safe to say it's rich. My previous combo was an unmarked idle that came in the carb and a 108 main. The 108 seemed fine, but I worry about trashing my motor with a too lean main; especially with the open Vstack. The idle seemed too small as it would sputter/bog  a little when exiting a turn then opening to WOT. The 48 idle took care of this issue for me, and I suspect the unmarked idle was a 45 anyway, so seems legit. Anyway just thought I'd share and it may be of help to you. I'm currently working on a FOD screen with integrated filter to keep the engine around for a while. I'll post pics once finished and tested.

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 03:53:22 PM »
 :'(Well 20mm intake on the way and thanks for the imput .
55 bucks on mototechusa.

Now another question would you buy a 22mm bolt on carb or
19Mm malossi carb kit .

Both 100 bucks each ?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:04:16 AM by Raindrop586 »

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 10:42:38 PM »
Well 20mm intake on the way and thats for the imput .
55 bucks on mototechusa.

Now another question would you buy a 22mm bolt on carb or
19Mm malossi carb kit .

Both 100 bucks each ?
I'd go with malossi,  but that's mainly due to most of my setup being malossi already. 
Is that intake an exact bolt up to the case and the carb?  That's half the price of the only other intake I've seen for the s9.  I'd love to be able to just bolt right up and rock

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2015, 06:36:28 PM »
Yes sir bolt on !

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2015, 02:12:27 PM »
IIRCC the manifold you posted is an OEM Super 9 manifold for the Canadian market. I think they got 18 or 20mm intakes. Maybe even larger. The only aftermarket Intakes I've seen for the S9 are about $90-100 and are 2 piece. I've seen one single piece aftermarket intake but forget where. The long runner of the stock style intake, is in my opinion too long. When I modified mine I had to cut the flange off to fit a rubber coupling as the PHBG is a flanges carburetor. I cut the flange off just behind the air inlet port/bung. I then evened everything up and used a dremmel and digital caliper to port the intake runner. There is a thin section one one side of the runner so be careful there, but one of the sections that needs re shaped is next to the base flange so there is plenty of material that can be removed. If you want, I would port your intake, as long as you pay shipping both ways. I'd personally cancel the $55 part and use that else where.

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »
I think I've seen a post somewhere where someone opened up the stock intake to it's fullest,  which ended up being 19mm.  I would personally take you up on that offer,  but I need to keep mine going as a daily rider. Maybe once I wire up a stator for this r50x... On that note,  I think I'm going to stop stressing about my girlfriend (the one without wheels😜) , drink a Red Bull, and get down to business!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2015, 10:48:21 PM »
Ok my friend found the best thing for us .

Can use any Marinelli intake your little scooter heart wants .

Yes im ordering it lol

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2015, 10:58:17 PM »
And it is a 20mm intake . a 14mm they modified to 20mm . description tells all .

My intake now is ruffly 16mm maybe 17mm cause i ported im just a regular guy in a garage. I wish i had metal fab tools . i have a dremel but it only can do so much .

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 12:45:14 AM »
Here is that bolt on 21mm carb i was checking out . if i feel froggy lol

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2015, 02:34:20 AM »
That adapter is neat. But if any of you guys want me to, I'll mod your stock intakes. I've gotten really good over the years. I first started porting vw intakes and knife edging throttle bodies, and then onto heads.

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2015, 09:53:06 AM »
Hell yea amish. Ill send you my stock one soon as this other comes in . anyone see the price of a dr pulley hit clutch . holy moly . 300 wow better come with a lap dance for that !

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2015, 01:18:15 AM »
rain, where are you seeing gears for sale?  "Still anyone know what atock gears are ?  Cause there is a 15/44
And 17/55 kit ... I want a wheelie machine im happy with 55mph"
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2015, 01:52:13 AM »
Stage 6 gears - http://www.scoot-tuning.com/Primary-gear-kit-Stage6-Kymco-Super9-17-51-3-00-p/s6-2014901p.htm

Malossi gears -http://www.scoot-tuning.com/product-p/m6711802.htm

Just google  for better prices . but i usally shop at www.scooterpartsco.com but hes out of gears and is in usa

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2015, 02:03:38 AM »
Ok so i bought a kick ass metal bit from home depot . bored stock intake to 1inch hole !

Should feel my woot now lol

Running 108 jet . with no airbox! Need new pilot jet for slight bog

Run a 38mm airfilter.

Loud and sick lol amish was right woot is way more

Last order im placing this week

Mhr clutch plus bell 170
21Mm carb 100
Polini varatior 80
Polini bearings 60 for all
Arrche carb jet kit 25
Malossi  gear kit 100

Got some work cut out for me this winter . but after this im done buying sh** . this thing better do 70mph

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()