Author Topic: STIG- new parts SOLVED~!  (Read 35077 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: STIG- new parts report
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2014, 06:46:49 PM »
Thank you, Bernie Stig. Please tell Meester Steeg I will keep my pants on but I am holding my breath again awaiting the latest "avoidance tactic(s)" of his miserable dealer. Not Uruguay, not Paraguay, but Gonaway! Does sound like his best bet is with the regional rep he found. Oh, well.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2014, 08:49:19 PM »
Thank you, Bernie Stig. Please tell Meester Steeg I will keep my pants on but I am holding my breath again awaiting the latest "avoidance tactic(s)" of his miserable dealer. Not Uruguay, not Paraguay, but Gonaway! Does sound like his best bet is with the regional rep he found. Oh, well.

Karl
Dear Calmer Karl,
OK, I will be phoning Mr. Stone, of Kymco USA, tomorrow. I'm about ready to say, "send me a new throttle body & I will install it and program it into the scoot."
I did not want to argue with the dealer mechanic...but why were they trying to have a phone conversation with somebody at Kymco?
First they were waiting for the part #. That took a week. When I found this out I gave them the part number, a week ago, so they could order it.
All they had to do was order it from Kymco USA. Surely they have a history of ordering parts from them....what is the hold up, now?
I wait a week and they tell me they have "left 5 messages" with no return call. So, the diagnostic tool is still not on the way to my dealer.
I will speak to Mr. Stone, hopefully.
(oh, yes, I am about ready to put back up the 2 youtubes  of my "KYMCO scooter dealer not able to fix my bad TPS")
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2014, 08:13:51 AM »
Stalling for a number of reasons

1. Don't want to outlay the money for the tool
2. Afraid they can't fix it and have to admit that, not skilled
3. Tired of spending labor on this, getting too expensive
4. Etc

If is is the sensor and the tool would have seen this, all could have been avoided.

Have you bought 2 scooters from this dealer?

What is the Dealers Business Name?

Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2014, 08:48:01 AM »
Would it happen to be one of these?

TOWN-COUNTRY LAWN & GARDEN CENTER
397 BIG KNOB ROAD
ROCHESTER PA 15074

HONDA EAST YAMAHA SUZUKI
1230 CONANT STREET
MAUMEE OH 43537

Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:21 PM »
When Stig's ready to give out info I'm confident he will. Seems he's right in the middle of things and no reason to yell fire at all. No sense in naming names till the dust settles, things might work out for the best. I'm kind of in the same boat, scoots been at the dealer for a week and no word yet. I've called them twice and no return call. Patience is a virtue huh? This experience with a 6 mo in service scooter w/86 miles on it is very disappointing.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2014, 09:44:14 PM »
Stig is a classy guy: Pulled his youtube videos until either the dealer or Kymco could get involved; Has been
the image of patience when the inevitable dealer delaying tactics started; Is still calm enough to give really
good updates. Bernadette Stig was invaluable (means really valuable) in calming me down and cancelling
my trip to his town to dismember the dealer, his tech and anyone within arm's reach. I await Mr. Stone's
response.

Karl

PS: I breathe normally now. Something smells...stale....rotten; could it be.....NO! (pant,pant,pant...)....

Paraphrased from 2010 Space Odyssey
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2014, 07:58:31 AM »
In general, what is the warranty law situation in the US? In such cases...
How many repair atempts do I have to allow the first dealer under warranty? May I then move to another dealer?
Is there a legal chance for redhibitory actions one day and back out of sales contract? (for major issues) In worst case...
Or a reduction of price? (for minor issues)
Do you also have at least two forms of warranty in the US? The legal warranty by law (implied warranty?) on the one hand and the voluntary warranty from the manufacturer?
What´s the difference in detail?

Might be a bit off topic in this context, but nevertheless interesting.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2014, 01:53:06 PM »
what is the warranty law situation in the US
Related discussion.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2014, 12:34:59 AM »
9/11/14
No luck reaching the Kymco rep. on the phone, so sent a long email.
Update on the scooter: I've ridden it quite briskly twice this week to work & back.(in the rain on those nice City Grips)
The scooter runs as sweet as can be.....unless I slow and try to cruise below 30MPH (around 4-5K rpms). Then it bucks and cuts in and out. Unless you tried to cruise down there - you'd never know it had a driveability issue.
Not a hint of anything but perfect running - if I stay away from that slower cruise.

Today is the anniversary of a heck of a bad day.
Was it not?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2014, 01:16:09 AM »
Same problemo, no one seems to know that that throttle body is the friggen problem. Seems everyone is scared to say the truth and the problem is obvious.................done.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »
What is the latest from Regional Mr. Stone? Stig and 2wheel have the same problem and hopefully the same dealer. Nah, that would be too easy! Is everyone waiting for the warranties to time out? This reminds me of the Yager the dealer forgot to install the battery clamp and him ignoring me until I jacked up KymcoUSA. Even then he was unresponsive when he sent the right clamp but the wrong screws and I even supplied part numbers!

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2014, 12:06:57 AM »
Put 75 mi on the Movie 150 today and I'm a happy camper. Sweet lil ride and everything I expect from a 150cc. Seats an issue but with the gel pad and cover I bought it's acceptable. No more BS, just ride and enjoy. I don't get where the 13hp comes from compared to other 150cc scoots but you definitely notice they're there. Anyone considering a 150cc I would encourage them to try one out..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:13:45 AM by 2wheelfun »

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2014, 04:57:22 AM »
Put 75 mi on the Movie 150 today and I'm a happy camper. Sweet lil ride and everything I expect from a 150cc. Seats an issue but with the gel pad and cover I bought it's acceptable. No more BS, just ride and enjoy. I don't get where the 13hp comes from compared to other 150cc scoots but you definitely notice they're there. Anyone considering a 150cc I would encourage them to try one out..

4 valve engine with roller rockers!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »
Update Sept 24, 2014:
I will be riding my LIKE 200i across town to the dealer for the service tech to check on Sept 26.
They phoned me to tell me that they have rec'd the KYMCO EFI scanner tool from Kymco USA.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »
Fingers crossed for you sir!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()