Author Topic: 200 seat  (Read 1134 times)

djpo

• View Profile
200 seat
« on: May 29, 2016, 06:03:28 PM »
My cat figured out how to get under the cover I keep on my kymco and she did quite a job on the seat cover, putting holes in it and scratching part of the vinyl off. Lovely. Frickin' cat (not the actual word I'm using in my head).

It doesn't even have the permanent plates on it yet and now I have to replace the seat cover.

I'm wondering if anyone has changed the seat upholstery? I was thinking of taking it to a pro and having leather put on it, but a better quality vinyl would be okay as well.

I also have to figure out how to keep the GD cat off of it.
🏍  Rolling in style on a 2015 Kymco Like 200i  🏍
Smoking the streets of Kitsap County - Washington State

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
Re: 200 seat
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »
Many posts regarding the Like seat. Mostly on how uncomfortable it is. Stig and others have reupholstered their seats and added padding. Search like seat
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 07:01:05 PM »
I did. Doesn't help to read a bazillion posts of ppl bitching about the seat comfort. And I did like the seats from the philippines, but they don't sell them.

Short of getting a custom cover made, which I found out is buku bucks, I ordered a replacement cover from Cheeky.

I got a different color that what came on it originally so I'll post pictures once i receive it and put it on.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 11:06:38 PM »
On this page you'll find some pix I made when rebuilding my LIKE seat. You can see how much foam I added.....after sawing off that + shaped bit on the seat pan.
The hardest part is pulling the wrinkles out of the new vinyl cover and getting new staples shot in at the same time. Need a good gun, and the correct motorcycle seat vinyl.
I don't think I've heard you complain about the seat shape - as some people really seem to have no problem with it. Good for them - most of Asia is OK with it , too. Asians seem to do Tijuana-type custom seats to be different/cool/individual.

IF you feel that seat-pan bump - then doing a custom seat cover fixes nothing. You have to add a good bit of foam to make it go away....and that would raise the seat height way above comfortable riding for an Asian.
At 6'3" I'm flat footed at stops - even after adding 3" or 4" of proper seating foam! (you must buy the correct stuff from a company that sells purpose-made seating foam - paying attention to how they say the different types should be used ) It took me a few days to build my new seat - and two attempts to cover it - but now I no longer hunt for better rear shocks, or have to get off for breaks after 1/2 an hour.

If you're happy with your seat comfort - a car seat upholstery shop should be able to recover it for a modest price - giving you several options on the type/color cover.
Unbolt it and take it in for an estimate?
Stig

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=10262.msg107370#msg107370
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 12:29:55 AM »
perfect, thanks for the thorough step-by photos. I saw a video on you tube also (wasn't a kymco).

i thought about doing it myself, but I'm too critical of my own projects. I'm going to give the cover from cheeky a try, it was reasonably priced and gets decent reviews. if i don't like it or it slips any, I'll take it to a local shop to have something custom done. if i'm going to go custom, i'll probably go with Seahawks green and blue colors. i think that would go nice w/my scooter color (blue/black) and then add some green pinstripes or something.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()