Author Topic: Great little pony!  (Read 46128 times)

max oradea

• View Profile
Re: Great little pony!
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
i think most of the problems come from that old gunky fuel in the bowl. those slow jets are very small, can easily get blocked by a gunk and dam its 3 hours of work, or a big bill.
try to run a motor with one of the jets blocked... long term will damage the crank shaft.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2013, 01:42:06 AM »
Winter or no winter, seasonal maintenance should be practiced when your motorbike sits around idle for a while because when gasoline inside your carb dries, it leaves varnish in your carb and when varnish dries and dries hard, you have no choice but to open up your carb and clean. Like Max said, a big bill!

Motorbikes or scooters have small carburetors and small carburetors have small bowls, so gas dries up faster... before storage, you have to drain your bowl so no gasoline there to dry up...no gasoline means no gum and varnish...  but fill your tank with fuel to prevent rust formation and condensation inside the tank...

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2013, 10:10:59 AM »
 ::) Fairbloody dinkum guys !! Now just go back a few posts, and reread the post about my theory. But I'm glad you've finally cottoned on to was I was getting at all a friggin long. Stale fuel lads, stale bloody fuel ... just keep your eye on the ball guys, okay !
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »
So ... seeing as Kymco were building motors and supplying motorcycle parts etc to Honda for decades, I'd even go as far as to say the Honda is possibly a Kymco, and the Venox isn't the clone at all. It's the same bloody bike built by Kymco but with Honda trim, except I reckon Kymco did a better job of the clothes .. the fuel tank,seat, air box and crank case covers, guards etc all look heaps better on the Venox.

Another wild theory from the Hairy Bobster down under  ;)   
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:29:18 AM by Hairy Bob »

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2013, 12:13:16 PM »
I agree that the kymco looks better then the Honda Magna.
Hey Bob sorry for the misunderstanding, but what about stale fuel?

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »
The fuel that's gone "gunky", most probably the bit, that might have been sitting in the bowl for ages, like over winter or something. Have you ever seen old petrol that,s been sitting in your lawn mower fuel can too long for example ( unless you're lucky enough not to have to mow bloody lawns that is  :) ). It gets a cloudy sort of look to it. What do you guys call fuel that's gone off, we call it stale.
Anyway Max, is the weather starting to come good for you overthere seeing as your going into summer? Winter's only about a week away here. As I've mentioned, I'm lucky enough to be able to ride all year round here. It does get a bit cold some of the time, but what we consider cold, compared to winter in parts of the northern hemisphere wouldn't even rate a mention.
So ride safe amigo,
Best regards, Hairy Bob.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:43:12 PM by Hairy Bob »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2013, 01:24:57 AM »
So ... seeing as Kymco were building motors and supplying motorcycle parts etc to Honda for decades, I'd even go as far as to say the Honda is possibly a Kymco, and the Venox isn't the clone at all. It's the same bloody bike built by Kymco but with Honda trim, except I reckon Kymco did a better job of the clothes .. the fuel tank,seat, air box and crank case covers, guards etc all look heaps better on the Venox.

Another wild theory from the Hairy Bobster down under  ;)   

I don't think it's a wild theory HB, I think it's a big possibility. Honda Japan would rather have things sourced from other countries because it would be cheaper... this means more profits for the Company and it's the most sensible business decision for them...  ;)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2013, 07:08:08 AM »
Hey there Vivo. Yep, the badge on your bike or car doesn't mean a damn thing these days. Did you know that it's actually a Kymco motor in the B.M.W. Enduro 450 dirt bike, same goes for one of B.M.W's big scoots. Some of these so called pureists would be devestated if only they knew where there bike or car came from, or at the very least, a lot of the parts. D'ya reckon even Harley Davidson might be sneeking some of their parts in from some where else ? Naah, probably not, cos they'd be a hell of a lot more reliable if they were  ;D.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2013, 07:17:45 AM »
Yup HB, it's called "globalization"... About Harley, that's a nice one HB... or they might have parts from China...

http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/CN/harley-davidson-parts.html
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:19:32 AM by Vivo »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2013, 07:59:29 AM »
 :o Holy sh** Vivo, that was a quick come back ol mate.  I just checked that Chinese Harley parts site out, far friggin out, I can't wipe the grin off my face  ;D (see !).  You bloody beauty though, that's just given me even more ammunition to hang sh** those two wheeled vibrators that sound like tractors ... and that's another thing, for the money people pay for 'em you'd reckon they'd at least put some baffles in the mufflers hey. Like I said, if only these so called pureists only knew hey.  On ya Vivo, I definately owe you a few beers for that one mate  ;)

Your a bloody wealth of information Vivo, 
Definately very best regards for that one,
The Hairy Bobster from down under  8).

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2013, 08:14:31 AM »
Thanks HB, a few bottles of Feral Hop Hog will do!...  ;)

Now you can have ammo for those Chinese Harleys.... Lol!!!

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »
Bloody hell Vivo, Feral Hop Hog ... never heard heard of it ol mate. I'll do my best though, but if I can't get hold of any, will a carton of V.B. do ?

8)

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
Hmm where can I get one of those Charley Davidsons?

I had a Yamaha Virago 250 and took all the Yamaha logo's off
it and added some Harley ones. People would ask me if it was a Sportster!
Good fun!

That Hop Hog sounds good. We used to get Hopfest here. They would dump
all the hops left from the season in one batch. It was so bitter it would numb
your mouth! It was great!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:38:38 AM by MotoRandy123 »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »
Feral hop hog is the best beer down under mate....

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2013, 11:46:35 AM »
Hey there Moto,  Welcome to the asylum amigo  ...  " Charley Davidson "  ...  Mate,  THAT,  is an absolute cracker !!!  You definately deserve TWO cartons of V.B. for that one !!  ;)
Best regards,
Hairy Bob.   
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:22:43 AM by Hairy Bob »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()