Author Topic: Great little pony!  (Read 46563 times)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
Re: Great little pony!
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »
Just so you know I wasn't bullsh**ing you guys, I took the little pony for a nice little gallop south along the coast and back after my bit of old chat this morning ... 295 klms to be precise. I could feel she loved it, her little heart was beating smooth as silk, totally in her element. I honestly can't believe how well this little machine goes for her size. As most of us know, it's a just a thing thing, you know when you and your bike are totally in tune with each other, and man, we were !!!
I've got a bit of a confession to make too gang. I'de been checking another new bike out (again !!). It's a 650, obviously more power, but after a day like today, and the way I could feel my pony was putting her little heart into it, I just cannot bring myself to part with her. (It's okay Vivo, I've seen the light  ;)). If I did buy it, it would have to be a stable mate for the little pony, and I can't see the missus seeing the warm fuzzy side of that somehow ... but you never know your luck I suppose hey ?
Take care, and ride safe everyone.
Bestest, bestest regards, ( you can't half tell I've had a rippsnorter of a day hey !)
The Hairy Bobster from down under.  8)

P.S. Oh, one other thing I just realized ... we spell tyres different to you guys. Just thought I'de throw that bit of useless information at ya !  :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:08:06 AM by Hairy Bob »
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »
Hey Bob, quick question for you.
On your ride did it get cold like say around 18 degrees and did you feel heat loss on the engine.
because yesterday went to Debrecen in Hungary from Oradea, and in the day time which was 22 degree it was doing well pulling through gears and reaching legal limits like a champ, but on our way back it got a bit cold and very windy, and i felt the engine not pulling so smoothly, had a quick pit stop and i could hold on to the radiator tubes which made me put a news paper infront to block off the cold wind.
the power after that felt a littler better but still the sun is going down and it got around 15 degree with wind. stopped at the border control at the Romania border, was even stuck in a 4 min stop and go in line to get my passport checked. the pipes coming out of the radiator was still not hot to burn or near as hot i am in the city.
so what i think is this bike is equip with a radiator thats too efficient if you were on the road doing 90~100km on fifth gear.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2013, 02:43:05 AM »
HB: have you read my latest reply to your e-mail?   Anyway, another point HB is that those bikes with fairings are just hot! What I mean by hot is you can feel the heat... heat from the engine and heat because air is directed away from you... you can't just feel the wind there... But it really looks great.... Maybe you can buy that 650 but don't sell the V-Nox...   ;) 

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
Hey there Max and Vivo. Okay, firstly, to answer your question Max ... It did get pretty cold on the way home on Sunday. How weird is this, we were probably getting roughly the same temperatures as you were. We're at the very end of autumn here and the wind chill definatly had a bite to it that's for sure, but it didn't seem to affect the performance at all, and I would have been cruising at around the 95-100 kph mark, even 110 on the last bit of the main highway near home. You start to get a bit buffeted around once you start to get up to that speed though. I've found around the 95 mark to be a comfortable cruizing speed. Maybe it was just the wind Max, because I have noticed being slowed up a bit some times when I've copped big wind gusts. Don't forget your sitting upright on a cruiser, and your body can act like a bloody parachute at times and slow you up a fair bit, and the Venox isn't a very heavy bike either.

Hey there Vivo. Your right mate, I guess having a fairing might be nice in winter, bit it would get friggin hot in summer hey. So no, I'm not getting another bike, I dig my little pony too much. And besides, paying registration for two bikes every year would be a bloody dumb idea ... the government would love me for it though I suppose.

Anyway lads,
Best regards to you both,
Hairy Bob.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:01:21 AM by Hairy Bob »

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2013, 11:42:23 AM »
Hey Bob you doing 95 on fourth or fifth? Do you have sprocket modification?

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
Hey there Max. That's top gear mate, and still running the stock sprockets.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2013, 09:14:04 AM »
Ok that's good to know. Any other modification like wind screen...
When I go up wind I do feel a great effort to keep it above 100km with two passengers.
Would have to drop to 4th and spool up, can go on and on with 5th just feeling engine having a hard time.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:23 AM »
No windscreen either Max. I did try a screen for a while, but I took it off ages ago, I did'nt really like it. It did keep a lot of wind off your torso area, but I found that it created a fair bit of helmet noise and buffeting. I do have to work the gears a bit up through the ranges, and sometimes have to drop back a gear on long drawn out inclines, especially riding two up. But in general, she'll sit on the 100k speed limit in top gear no worries. It's only certain certain stretches that are 110k, but you start to get thumped around by the wind at that speed anyway, so around the 95kph is just right I reckon. Like I've always said, we have to be realistic, she's a 250, not a 750, or even a 500 for that matter. So you just be nice to your little pony Max, otherwise we might have to report you to the R.S.P.C.A. for being cruel her  ;).

Regards,
The Bobster from down under  8)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:01:15 PM by Hairy Bob »

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2013, 08:45:04 AM »
Roger that Bob, will take it easy. its running smooth with no mechenical problems so thats something to be thankful about.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2013, 09:31:53 AM »
How 'bout a v-nox bobber HB?....

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2013, 10:13:23 AM »
Holy hot camel sh** Vivo, that sure is one mean looking bitch. Whoever it was, did a bloody nice job on it. Maybe chopped the back guard a little too much though, but a hot looking machine none the less.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
Hey guys, I don't know if I'm on the right track or not, but I've got a theory. Looking back over some of the Venox posts about the ones that have been running like sh**, and having carburetor problems especially. It seems to be the ones that have been sitting around idle for a while. It started to make me think a little while back, when I was reading Max's post about the end of riding season, and the preparation he was doing to put his pony away for the winter. On my very first post, I mentioned that I bought mine from the Kymco dealer in March 2012. It was the showroom bike, a 2010 model with 39klms on her. So it must have had a couple of test rides and then, same thing, she's sat around for quite a while until I bought her. I noticed a bit of a miss here and there, and it would ocassionaly stall when coming to a stop. It hadn't become too serious, so I waited until it's first service and told the dealer about it then. As I mentioned back then, they couldn't seem to get the carbys set up properly and ended up ordering a brand new set from Kymco under warranty. Being dealers, it was okay for them, they just claim it all back. She's been running sweet as a nut since. I ride most weekends, and I'm lucky enough to be able to ride all year round, so she's not sitting around all winter. Any thoughts guys ?
Regards, Hairy Bob.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »
The carb on the venox is simple once you get the hang of it, but for workers who are not dedicated to this bike only unlike us have most of the time put things back... not fully correct, as i have seen.
it is a small carb and the trick is really spray and blow every hole you can find with carb cleaner and compressed air.
There are a few fine parts on it that you have to be careful, such as the plastic needle holders on the diaphragm side which can be offset easily, the throttle idle cut off valve is one as well that is hard to fit back correctly and very fragile (which in this case i do not recommend to take apart), carb coolent pipes which should be marked before diconnecting. and that airbox... if only they left one cm more room for it to come off, and oh my god have no idea what that throttle sensor on the carb does.
Jets and needles are specific for front and rear, which in a hurry to clean both jetting systems at once can lead to a total mix up and run like nothing was done after its been put back.
so drain those bowls before you store it for more then 3 months otherwise... its a lot of work for as easy as turning two screws to drain.
I do hope i will not have to ever strip the carbs again, and hope no one has to do it as well, because there can be so much that can go wrong.
P.s and those idle mixture parts, o-ring, washer and that spring... if you lose one you are screwed
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:00:49 PM by max oradea »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2013, 01:43:46 AM »
Car, truck, motorcycle, dog.... every acquisition of any vehicle requires big responsibility in use and maintenance of the vehicle. You don't buy a motorcycle because you just want to ride, or get a dog just to guard your home... each individual is responsible to understand how the thing works and is required (by common sense) to maintain the vehicle in tip-top condition, do regular service maintenance and seasonal maintenance.... Yes, there are those who are not mechanically inclined but that's is not an excuse... one must learn... before a problem starts... because your forum friends are not always on-line...   ;)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »
 ??? Wow up there boys. Slow down and read the post ... ya wombats  ;). What I was getting at, was could it be something as basic as fuel going off ( petrol does go off you know ), especially that bit of fuel that could have been left in the bowl. If it's sat there for over say three months ( winter in parts of the northern hemisphere for example ), even if you put fresh fuel in the tank, when you start her up again, that bit of stale fuel in the bowl is the first that's gonna get sucked into the carbys. Are you with me now lads.
And don't you worry Vivo, I had to take my dog to the vet a few weeks back for a service, so her motor's running smooth  :D ( friggin well want to be for 650 bucks !!! ).
Best regards as usual guys,
Hairy Bob.   
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:38:36 AM by Hairy Bob »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()