Author Topic: Stupid engine question.  (Read 1509 times)

arcanum70

• View Profile
Stupid engine question.
« on: August 05, 2014, 06:44:50 PM »
I remember seeing on here somewhere that the xciting 250 is the exact same motor as one of Kymcos other bikes, but for the life of me I cannot remember which one and I cannot find the thread where it was mentioned.  If anyone knows and could tell me it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Stupid engine question.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:10:13 PM »
The Xciting 250, Grand Vista 250, and Bet & Win 250 all share the exact same motor. People 250 and s250 have very similar engine to Xciting but I believe the cylinder and head are different. All 250 cvt components are interchangeable.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:16:46 PM »
Thank you SO much.  I just figured if I knew then I could just get that service manual since I cannot find one for the '07 xciting 250.  Also I have found after market engine upgrades for those, but not mine...if it's the same engine then the parts will fit.

Thank you again.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 12:14:07 AM »
No such thing as a stupid ?, only excuse is ignorance.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 02:21:11 PM »
Parts List Tip....It appears that Kymco assigned part numbers for various models when they were released.   Therefore my GV and X-250 (same engine / same parts) have had different part numbers.  However you'll now see notes that may say: "Call for Price"...hopefully they are consolidating parts so they have a common part number over the various model lines.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()