Author Topic: luggage for our scoots ??  (Read 4424 times)

DaveRinPA

• View Profile
Re: luggage for our scoots ??
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 05:59:37 PM »
You want luggage ... I got your luggage right here!

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=4629.msg47395#msg47395

Sorry I haven't kept up with all of you.  I never did post the particulars, but still have them if anyone is still interested after all this time. 

Health changes and my small business have been my primary concerns ... but I still ride every chance I get ... including grocery shopping.  I even have a Cruser bike trailer that I've rigged to my 500 Ri.  Cops haven't stopped my yet!

kantuckid

• retired teacher KY
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »
As some time has passed since this home grown side case frame solution-is there a factory made side case frame available for Givi or Shad for any Kymco scoot? Or any other brand? On long trips I live out of my top case & side cases. I also carry a Roadgear brand  Cordura bag(very good stuff!) on the pillion seat and a Wunderlich magnetic tank bag. I have been surfing the web for a couple months and seen not much for scoot side case solutions. They are common as dirt on MC's & some of these scoots are sold for touring-I know how to travel light but the under seat storage doesn't match up to what I'm used to.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 06:58:21 PM »
is there a factory made side case frame available for Givi or Shad for any Kymco scoot?
Of course, i.e. from Kymco itself for Givi cases:
http://www.kymco-ersatzteilshop.de/Kymco-Zubehoer/125-ccm-700-ccm/Seitenkoffertraeger-Satz-Chrom-Xciting--18686.html
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:00:45 PM by ts1 »

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 05:16:23 PM »
Send an email to that German company and see if they export to the US yet. I'll be surprised if the answer is yes.
Rick

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 06:57:32 PM »
The answer is no. They probably must not, because they are only importers for Europe.
But at least you know such luggage parts do exist and can ask Kymco USA or Taiwan.

kantuckid

• retired teacher KY
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
Roadgear sells MC gear & bags & I use their larger bag on longer trips-it comes with made on bungee's ending in strong plastic hooks that I fasten to bungee loops placed (Aerostitch)on my BMW OEM sidecases as attachment points. I never use the rain cover as they take elements very well and are super strong too. It's possiblr their smaller bag will fit the "tunnel" on a scoot quite well?
Nice to see the Germans have their head on straight & building a side case frame for a scoot being advertised as a tourer. Likes been said, "it's about time"! It appears to be a clean & easy design too.

gctkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 12:17:46 AM »
Bumping a really old thread, but
The answer is no. They probably must not, because they are only importers for Europe.
But at least you know such luggage parts do exist and can ask Kymco USA or Taiwan.
I am in Canada and I was able to import the OEM German racks from another retailer. I can't quite remember if I did anything special, I might have just gone through their normal storefront with a little help from Google Translate. My local dealership who is the Canadian Kymco distributor was not able to get the racks from any of his sources.

I thought I posted about the racks on this forum but I can't find anything, although I was almost certain at least one or two others on this board had them. I posted on a local forum here but for convenience here is the link I used for purchase:
http://www.racing-planet.de/scootertuning-kofferhalter-seitenkoffer-p-131182-1.html

I really like them and lately I have been using hard side cases almost every time I ride. Certainly being extremely troublesome to obtain helps them make your bike one-of-a-kind in your city :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()