Author Topic: Secondary spring change- MXU500  (Read 13167 times)

MXU500_Red

• View Profile
Re: Secondary spring change- MXU500
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 01:06:49 AM »
Sorry guys....Actually there is too much going on at home this weekend...won't be there.
Now don't slack off on me though (ha ha)

400racer....I went out and me and my son have a race course set up on my property. It starts out in the field and ends up in the woods (modeled after the courses you guys race).
The trails were originally cut for his MXU150. I have widened them here and there. But I was racing against him on our 300. I could keep him at bay on it because it is fast and nimble.
Then I fired up the 500 and went out and tried to race the same way....NOT....the 500 beast I have is definitley not a racer..way too heavy with those big tires. I won't be racing with all that stuff (winch,big tires, racks).
I really need to have two - one racer and one 4WD mud machine.

Oh well.....I can appreciate why you guys try to get the weight down and use smaller tires more... :)
'07 Kymco MXU500 (mine)
ITP Mud Lite XTR 26/9/12 - 26/11/12 on ITP Type 7 rims
AC Racing slip-on pipe
Warn 3000 lb. winch

'07 Kymco MXU300 (wife)
EPI Clutch Kit (rollers/spring)
1.5 " Wheel Spacers

'07 Kymco MXU150 (son)

MXU500_Red

• View Profile
Re: Secondary spring change- MXU500
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 10:32:21 PM »
Guys...I took my Orange spring out and installed the White (well...Mr. KymcoManager did it for me...I helped).

I think I like the White spring. Now I have really only tested it out on my tight trails at home (which is where you would expect the white spring to excel) and I like how it performs. Now it was not a drastic change feel to me.....but maybe if you were going from stock to white it might be.

I definitley feel like it is allowing the quad to operate in the rpm range where it is the most powerful...it backshifts better when you need it and you feel a little more positive response when coming out of as tight turn and getting back into the throttle.

As 500racer2 said once.....it doesn't fix the low end bog issue....so don't expect that.

I am pleased with it so far.....I need to do some more riding to really tell though....
'07 Kymco MXU500 (mine)
ITP Mud Lite XTR 26/9/12 - 26/11/12 on ITP Type 7 rims
AC Racing slip-on pipe
Warn 3000 lb. winch

'07 Kymco MXU300 (wife)
EPI Clutch Kit (rollers/spring)
1.5 " Wheel Spacers

'07 Kymco MXU150 (son)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()