Author Topic: Cheap Ride  (Read 11190 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Cheap Ride
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:08:55 AM »
My next cheap ride! Kymco Visa R 110.  P35,000.00 (around $830.00) http://www.used-moto.gr/assets/contents/images/1024x768/mzmx9dngleocmxqdny9j.jpg    It's a Kymco underbone and not your usual Chinese copy!

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Cheap Ride
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 03:43:55 AM »
However, a similar bike, the SYM Bonus X, has this ceramic coated cylinder liner. Is this a big deal in our small engines and worth considering?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 04:00:57 AM »
That is one cool looking scoot! The Cylinder can spin free'er to give higher rpms. It is FANTASTIC in full race set ups but actually sucks in real life riding. It scratches easier than you would think, and is prone to cracks/chips. It is because of the real world dirt we ride thru all day. It may last a long time if you maintain your air filter,and it better be a real K&N or equal to (approx 100.00 USD). and keep fresh oil/fuel/plugs.
I don't know that scoot but bet it could be almost race ready in short order with a factory ceramic jug!
For under a grand I would say look into it more. Maybe a dedicated forum, or at least a few blog spots for it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 04:02:55 AM »
I confused the two posts... The Sym is the one I was talking about. Phillip. Rock Bro!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 04:13:00 AM »
YO! Vivo, While we're on parts... Do you know where in the islands you can get a Scorpion pipe? There is a pict of one 1/2 way down this thread.
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15035
It is Claimed they are made in Hawaii, but I know for a fact they are made in the Philippines. There is ONE guy that makes them, and there are alot of sh**ty copies. I am looking to buy an Original scorpion for a dio engine. Scorpion mid to be exact. There is one other pipe I would like to see if you could find a pict., and that is the Ten Cuts Euro. I'd give you a hug if you can locate the builders for me... ;)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 06:21:23 AM »
Original Scorpion? I'll see if I can locate the source here.

Here is the Sym Bonus X with the ceramic coated liner. http://images03.olx.com.ph/ui/5/23/61/1272294977_90272261_1-Pictures-of--SYM-bonus-x-fully-set-up-1272294977.jpg

JAD pipes are more popular here. http://jadracing.multiply.com/

Majority of bikes here are 4 stroke. I don't know if they still manufacture pipes for 2 stroke scoots. Maybe per order basis.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:32:22 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »
That is a super bad bike. I cant even call it a scoot! Is it some type of street version factory race bike? Even the wheels are awesome. What do they go for$$$?
It's all the cool stuff we can't get!!!
I've read alot about Jad's too Haven't seen any Clear picts tho. Thanks for the link. The Scorp. was avail. last year on some other posts, but the only shops listed were vt, ans scooter alley. I've called/emailed,... And the real point was they are made in the Ph, and Hawaii is just adding to the cost. I'll try to find the guy who knows the guy who makes them, and maybe you know someone who might know someone who knows the guy. WOW!
I'd gladly have one made if it were the original guy. Thanks Bro!

Hey Slinger... Any word on the 9?

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 07:18:53 AM »
"Scooters" are more popular in Taiwan, Europe, U.S. On these parts of Asia like Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, these are the type of small bikes we call "Underbone" The usual engine is the Honda Cub type or any Chinese copy of that. Usually 100, 110, 125cc, 4 stroke, and carburated.   http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Y5JU0n4majU/Rvjimb9-C2I/AAAAAAAABpw/JbFCjB2iCwM/s400/engines.JPG   Engine is matched to a 4-speed clutchless manual tranny and wheels driven by a chain. I had one before but the great flood killed it. Lots of performance shops here and both legal and illegal racing.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 07:24:47 AM »
Here's another version of the underbone the Sachs Madass 125cc. That's all stock!  http://0.tqn.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/e/y/-/-/sachs_madass_125_l.jpg

Underbones prices ranges from around 830USD to around 2,500USD.

The baddest underbone in this parts of the world is the Suzuki Raider 150cc DOHC and with 6-speed manual (with clutch). This beast can reach around 90mph (stock), Modified, I don't want to know...  http://media.photobucket.com/image/suzuki%20raider/xenonian/Pic0170.jpg

I asked around and found out that there's a pipe factory far from here in another province making ten cut pipes. Before, during the popularity of the dios and jogs, they were making these ten cut pipes. Now, most products are for 4 strokers but they can still make for  2 strokes I guess.  Sorry, this is a backyard factory, no website and no store. Traders just go there and get the pipes to sell in the city or online for a high price. Sellers will just say they are made in Thailand.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:39:56 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 04:03:00 AM »
The ten cuts is a home made pipe for sure. I have seen Picts of the fella welding, and read about some brought back to Hawaii, and Dyno'ed. They were compared to the Phongeer, and Malossi team 2. The ten Cuts made 21.5bhp on an MHR jug, while the MALOSSI made 19.3, and Phongeer was at 17.9.
I also found Ten cuts on Suilit I believe, and tried to buy one that way but he will not ship. Local pick up only http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/3126440/TEN-CUT+PIPE+FOR+DIO-90CC+(+RACE+PIPE+)?referralKeywords=ten+cut+pipe

Look at the F'n PRICE.
If you would be willing to see if you could hook one up I would make it more than worth your time... It would most likely be the only one in the US on a ZX.
I did manage to get in touch with (susie?) at scooter alley. She is willing to have a New Scorpion made for me in the Ph., and have it shipped from there as it is WAY cheaper than shipping out of Haw. onto the mainland. While the Scorpion is the Heaviest of all the pipes, it make so much more power it out classes everything else.

I do remember those Cub engines too. They were on almost every Honda sold here. (the little trail bikes)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »
My brother in Houston is planning to go home, but don't know when. If it's destined to happen, I can send a pipe thru him and have it mailed from Houston. He's a martial arts instructor there at Dark Gift Combat.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 07:10:51 AM »
I already feel like one of the family...

I was gonna post a Bruce lee joint but My uncle is far more charming.
Dude If you can hook this up I'll not do anything bad for a week! If you find the guy, I'll pay him four time his price to make one of the best he's ever made. And advertise for him everywhere if he would like. Of course I'd take care for the Hook up too. I would bet at least a dozen could be sold within a month on several of the Honda forums... There are loads of spree's /elites/ zx's  here.
Maybe even a few here too? From everything I've seen it is one of the top 3 pipes in the world for dio's. I will have the other 2. So you see it has become an obsessive Quest. It's 3am here, and I'm trying to get a pipe.
In a month I've managed to find a guy that knows a guy that saw the guy once. I'm Sooooooo close...
Gmoto
gerry
Contact Details
 +63-916-731-1275
I've tried to call that number from cell/land line/voip, and get a fast busy signal every time.
I'm gonna have to look at a map to see just how big the Philippines are. Pretty damn big I'd imagine.
Thanks Bro! Sorry if I am like a pest on the computer for asking sh** of strangers... I sure dont want to offend.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 07:35:52 AM »
Easy on the waterfall bro! If its destined to happen it will, in due time. If not, well...
And get some sleep!  ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 12:38:53 AM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()