Author Topic: Hello from St Petersburg  (Read 6608 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Hello from St Petersburg
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 03:30:47 AM »
you like?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 03:33:01 AM »
Shes actually a pig. Wait till the make up comes off...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

JennJenn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 03:25:01 AM »
Well I got it today. I really "like" it! Took her out for a good 60 mile stroll. She rode very well. The only complaint I would have to say is the seat! Hate the seat very uncomfortable so that will be getting redone in the near future but other than that I know it's going to be a fun ride.

2 wheels = best therapy a girl could ask for

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 03:37:28 AM »
Well I got it today. I really "like" it! Took her out for a good 60 mile stroll. She rode very well. The only complaint I would have to say is the seat! Hate the seat very uncomfortable so that will be getting redone in the near future but other than that I know it's going to be a fun ride.

Nice! Meantime, get one of those liquid/air filled or gel filled motorcycle seat cushions.

JennJenn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 02:19:03 AM »
Put 200 miles on her this weekend and a couple of things one I have gas just dripping out of the bottom. I'm only filling the scoot till it comes up to the little bar inside the tank they warned me about over filling it don't think I am but have to be. The second thing is the front end has a very noticeable vibration it's not steady and smooth like my husbands super 8. I have tried different tire pressures but it all seems to ride the same. Any suggestions would be appreciated on these issues. It's not a wobble so to speak but more of a forward backward type of bounce in the handlebars if that helps describe better not side to side movement in the wheel.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 08:24:21 AM »
That feeling can be an out of balance tire on the front or rear. Try reving it up on the centerstand to see how much the bike wants to bounce. That can show which tire. Ride On balancer seems very good for a few months use so far, or TbF is a good choice. They both cure your issue. Short of having the wheel machine balanced.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Red Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:26 PM »
Hello everybody!  I finally got my Like 200i last Tuesday.  So far I have 143 miles on her.  I am taking it easy for the break in period, mostly doing local errands or easy rides.  I have the oil, etc, for the 200 mile engine and gear oil change.  I need to get her broken in and ready for the "Ride With No Name Rally" in Austin.  Any break in tips are welcome.

Jen, I am having the same problem with the vibration.  Mine starts when I get up around 40 mph.  The handle bars/console kind of bounces front to back, making it hard to read the instrument panel.  I asked a friend about it who has had her Like for a year now.  She said she would have to ride mine to see what I'm talking about.

JennJenn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »
Hello everybody!  I finally got my Like 200i last Tuesday.  So far I have 143 miles on her.  I am taking it easy for the break in period, mostly doing local errands or easy rides.  I have the oil, etc, for the 200 mile engine and gear oil change.  I need to get her broken in and ready for the "Ride With No Name Rally" in Austin.  Any break in tips are welcome.

Jen, I am having the same problem with the vibration.  Mine starts when I get up around 40 mph.  The handle bars/console kind of bounces front to back, making it hard to read the instrument panel.  I asked a friend about it who has had her Like for a year now.  She said she would have to ride mine to see what I'm talking about.

That is exactly what is happening to mine at around 40 mph. I am curious to hear back after your friend takes it out for a spin. I am going to do as suggested though and run down to cycle gear and pick up a bottle of ride on tire balancer....definitely can't hurt especially for a scooter. Now if the rain will pass so I can get to scootin!

JennJenn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »
That is exactly what is happening to mine at around 40 mph. I am curious to hear back after your friend takes it out for a spin. I am going to do as suggested though and run down to cycle gear and pick up a bottle of ride on tire balancer....definitely can't hurt especially for a scooter. Now if the rain will pass so I can get to scootin!

Had my dealer test drive it. He said there was something wrong with the tire. It's in the shop now for it's first service and to fix this problem. I will let you know what the outcome is when she comes home. Did your friend ever ride yours and what was their opinion?

Red Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 09:59:05 PM »
Hello there, my friend never did ride my scoot.  We have been having so much rain, we could not get out.  I put a few miles on my scoot today and brought her in for the first servicing.  I went over the Mississippi River Bridge in New Orleans to get home, got up to at least 50 mph and did not notice any problem.  My tech guy said it could have been the tire pressure.  If I notice it again, I will bring it back. 

I hope we get more dry weather.  I'd like to finish breaking the scooter in before the "Rally With No Name" at the end of September in Austin.  I have 260 miles on the bike now. 

JennJenn

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 10:19:44 PM »
Well my scoot went in for it's first service and they actually replaced the rear tire said it just wasn't balanced right. Scoot runs smooth now.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 01:36:40 AM »
eggsellent. It is refreshing to hear of a dealer that fixes issues instead of becoming one. I have no idea how manufacturers can sell sub par tires. I have personally returned 3 tires in the past four years for defects including plain out of round. It's the top shelf companies that have no such issues. (pirelli/Dunlop/michelin, ect) The standard cheap tires are trash.

JennJenn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 02:42:27 AM »
It was good of them to do! I'm sure they didn't want to hear me griping about 2 scoots so they handled this one with care. They are tired of the super 8 coming back to their shop  :D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 06:13:47 AM »
I would fight for a cdi, and an hour to test the harness for flaws. It should cost them nothing. They should actually get paid warranty. Which is usually better that hourly.

Red Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »
Hey Jenn Jenn, glad to hear that they solved your problem so easily.  I have not been on the scooter for a couple of weeks.  Hurricane Issac messed with us a bit and just getting back to normal.  I need to take her out and make sure my problem is solved, too.  I have my first rally at the end of the month - The Rally With No Name in Austin!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()