Author Topic: Has anyone seen or ridden this thing  (Read 9126 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone seen or ridden this thing
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 02:24:55 PM »
Yes I have owned Harley's in the past and always kept the stock pipe. I never understood the open pipe deal? I only tour, so 200 miles per day on the weekend is nothing. Last thing I need is a super loud blab, blap, blap all day long. Try listening to to that for 500-700 miles in a day. :-*

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 02:35:00 AM »
You're right! Loud pipes sound good when a bike just passes by..... but try listening to that for the whole time... Lol! 

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 08:19:47 PM »
Yes I have owned Harley's in the past and always kept the stock pipe. I never understood the open pipe deal? I only tour, so 200 miles per day on the weekend is nothing. Last thing I need is a super loud blab, blap, blap all day long. Try listening to to that for 500-700 miles in a day. :-*

The Harleys I owned were not touring glides but rather FXs, Sportsters, and Softails that I customized and the shorter pipes were more for style. I've taken long rides on those bikes and at highway speeds the sound of the wind, pavement, and other vehicles and the dampening of your helmet tends to somewhat drown out loud pipes to a degree. I agree however that short pipes, and especially open pipes, are not for serious touring.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()