Author Topic: Help my bike won't start :(  (Read 1902 times)

lemmi

• View Profile
Help my bike won't start :(
« on: June 01, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
Hello,

I've had a Kymco Agility 125 for 5 years now and haven't had any major problems with it... until yesterday :( For a while now I've noticed that I had more and more trouble starting the engine but after a few tries it came to life. However since yesterday all I'm hearing is the starter relay click and nothing else. I've tried kickstarting it and nothing happens (so I'm guessing that rules out any starter motor problems). I've fully charged the battery over night just to be sure and still nothing.
I took a look at the engine and I realized that the air intake hose from the air filter was detached from the carb so I supposed dust clogged up my carb, so I took it apart and gave it a good cleaning (although it didn't seem like it needed it since everything looked fairly clean). Then I put the carb back in and still nothing... I'm running out of ideas here, please help  :'(

adelinejames0

• View Profile
Re: Help my bike won't start :(
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »
Hello,

I've had a Kymco Agility 125 for 5 years now and haven't had any major problems with it... until yesterday :( For a while now I've noticed that I had more and more trouble starting the engine but after a few tries it came to life. However since yesterday all I'm hearing is the starter relay click and nothing else. I've tried kickstarting it and nothing happens (so I'm guessing that rules out any starter motor problems). I've fully charged the battery over night just to be sure and still nothing.
I took a look at the engine and I realized that the air intake hose from the air filter was detached from the carb so I supposed dust clogged up my carb, so I took it apart and gave it a good cleaning (although it didn't seem like it needed it since everything looked fairly clean). Then I put the carb back in and still nothing... I'm running out of ideas here, please help  :'(

This is really very nice to efforts to start your scooter but you must need to check that is your scooter getting perfect spark in your scooter engine. If it is not then you have either change the plug or clean your plug.   

andrewmartinee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
This type of problem faced every vehicle owner but don't worry this is a not big issue. You have to check your spark plug and clean it. As well as check  that Reserve cock is must be on. You have to take guidance from mechanic. He get correct suggestion.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:18:41 AM »
Check for spark, and do a compression test.  I suspect with the air box detached you have been running lean possibly ruining the piston/cylinder
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

lemmi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »
ah I finally got an experienced mechanic to have a look at it... it turns out there was a rusty connector at the starter engine and the spark plug needed to be changed. Now it rides better than ever. These scooters never die :)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 02:10:17 AM »
good going your one of the lucky ones.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 02:09:18 AM »
..very lucky, considering the open intake...

..did the engine not sound louder than normal??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()