Author Topic: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride  (Read 18685 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 02:57:40 AM »
I know your reasons, 080, a week-end personal cruiser! The prowler would be your best choice. This would eventually be a head-turner because of its design and the mere fact that people will only see you in this car once or twice a week. If you'll use this on a daily basis, forget the Prowler.  My personal comments are (1) I would prefer a manual tranny but seems this don't have one (2) I would prefer a V8.
But a v6 is ok for cruising around. Get the dark colors and a nice pair of shades! Good luck!

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 07:48:37 AM »
Dont you think the Prowler just looks like a cheap and pretty bad clone of a classic hot-rod?

I admit when i 1st saw one i did think it was pretty unusual and interesting, the more i saw them tho the less interesting they got....

Its all personal tho, were all different and all like our own things, which is good, so just go with your heart and you'll pick the right one. You got a few yrs to chew it over anyway.

Where German cars can cost more for parts etc they do make it back on being better built and longer lasting than other cars. BMW for example are expensive, as are parts for it, but keep it serviced etc and it should give you little trouble even after 100,000+ miles. My bro had a BMW 3.5L coupe and official BMW parts prices where a joke, there are many good quality pattern parts tho and also we used breakers yards and ebay for 2nd hand parts when the pattern wasnt available. Didnt cost much to run, overall similiar to "normal" family cars, unless he floored it, then he needed a mortgage for the petrol  :D

Who knows, by the time you do want to buy there could be some new kid on the block with a new vehicle you just fall in love with. When im looking for a new car i always imagine how i would feel walking out my door in the morning, onto my drive and seeing the car sitting there. Would it make me smile? Would i be jumping out of bed to get in it every day? Is there anything that would bug me about it? Could i change the thing that bugged me?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 08:06:18 AM »
yes, it's all personal...
The Prowler has become rare and is holding up its value.

I have cars and bikes.  Bikes/scoots give a different feeling when you see one. Very different.

When you get off a car, you can rest a while and schedule another trip.

When you get off a bike, you want to get on again and ride...and ride...and ride....

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 08:14:29 AM »
yes, it's all personal...
The Prowler has become rare and is holding up its value.

I have cars and bikes.  Bikes/scoots give a different feeling when you see one. Very different.

When you get off a car, you can rest a while and schedule another trip.

When you get off a bike, you want to get on again and ride...and ride...and ride....

There are not many prowlers here, nobody wants them, they didnt sell new and they had trouble getting rid of them, the resell value on them 2nd hand is very low, here you would lose a lot of money if you bought one and sold it a few years later. Maybe in the future they will become classics, who knows, we could all be driving solar powered hover-bikes by then tho  :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29:23 AM »
Yes, who knows.  There were several stop gap, bad, unwanted cars before that became classics just because they were "missed" or were just different, or any unique reason whatsoever. The AMC Gemlin was a yuuch, but now a collectors car, the Triumph TR7, the Porsche 924, and lots of other cars. I personally cant't imagine if the Aztec would make it to this level.  ::)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »
Lol i know, its just my sense of humour.  :D

We call them opticians tho.

Or devil-worshippers........ :P

;D May I correct you, even though English is my 3rd language. Optician is not an eye doctor, (s)he is a "technical" person in charge to dispense contact lenses and eye-glasses.
Optician does not treat eye illnesses, or perform medical tests. He works in a shop, or in the back office, his profession is not medical. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 10:38:18 AM »
;D May I correct you, even though English is my 3rd language. Optician is not an eye doctor, (s)he is a "technical" person in charge to dispense contact lenses and eye-glasses.
Optician does not treat eye illnesses, or perform medical tests. He works in a shop, or in the back office, his profession is not medical. :)

Its Tomatoe-Tomato, if they help me see by "fixin" my eyes he's an eye doctor. At least of sorts.

Optometrist  â€“ A Doctor of Optometry  (OD) treats eye diseases and disorders and specializes in optics and vision correction.

Ophthalmic medical practitioner  â€“ A medical doctor (MD) who specializes in ophthalmic conditions but who has not completed a specialization in ophthalmology.

Ophthalmologist  â€“ An eye surgeon who is a Doctor of Medicine  (MD). 

Ocularist  â€“ Specialize in the fabrication and fitting of ocular prostheses  for people who have lost eyes due to trauma or illness.

Still dont need an Ocularist tho since i have no glass eyes........ :)

I dont know why i spent the time looking that sh!t up.....i dont even care what theyre called, long as they fix my eyes if i need it? My doctor just sends me to a guy, he does his stuff then i leave all repaired and fixed up.

Anyway youre all going to get me in trouble from 08 now for going off topic lol.   :D

Maybe i can save this.....

If you put in the wrong prescription contact lenses from your opthalmic practioner/optometrist/optician then that prowler would probably look a hell of a lot better  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 11:37:57 AM »
Go back in time and get your self a old school Nova. chevy is the way to go.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »
Thanks again to all, I'll make a few points to a few of the comments.

I'm not much of a Chevy guy, a Vette is nice enough but it just doesn't get me going, I see what you would like in an old school Nova but it doesn't tick all the boxes for me. If I went that old I'd pick up a restored 69' Mustang fastback.

Prowlers in the US sold for about 40K brand new and up until the recession were holding their price fairly well selling in the 33-35K range consistantly and many selling above the 40K mark with mods and chrome. Today the avg price is in the low to mid 20k range with some still "asking" the higher 30's.

I know the Prowler has it's warts, no cars has everything I want, part of the problem is I have a budget, sucks to be middle class sometimes.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 08:40:25 PM »
This car is a fave of mine and rare, unusual and fun too. Prob over your budget unless you can pick up a deal on a 2nd hand one. If i had the cash to have another 4-wheeled toy this would definately be in the running. Dont fancy it everyday but weekends or track days would be a blast  :D

http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/

Chaos is my co-pilot.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 08:52:31 PM »
This car is a fave of mine and rare, unusual and fun too. Prob over your budget unless you can pick up a deal on a 2nd hand one. If i had the cash to have another 4-wheeled toy this would definately be in the running. Dont fancy it everyday but weekends or track days would be a blast  :D

http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/

I looked into this as well as a Morgan 3 wheeled front mount V-twin eng. And I think they are great! real quick, nice look but also no cover for that unexpected summer downpour we get here  during the months of June/July and Aug.

nice looking out.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 09:37:38 PM »
Yeah the 3-wheelers are cool.

Did you never think of a kit-car?

Or over here there are several companies who will build you a car from their kit, the prices here are comparable to a new family saloon as is the build quality. There are also a few companies building their own cars based on classics but with a modern chassis and all new components. They look old but they are all 100% new fibreglass or steel. Theres a lovely e-tyle one but thats way out our league. Seen a porsche speedster too as well as several ferrarri clones and one-off super/hyper cars. These are fully handbuild and not those diy kit-cars of the 80's & 90's.

I was surprised how many small, low volume car builders there are still out there, at least in Europe, not sure about stateside. Really thought the majors had put most of them out of business. Glad they have'nt.

This is the "new" e-type,

http://www.eaglegb.com/
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/242668/eagle_etype_speedster.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:41:39 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »
Yeah the 3-wheelers are cool.

Did you never think of a kit-car?

Or over here there are several companies who will build you a car from their kit, the prices here are comparable to a new family saloon as is the build quality. There are also a few companies building their own cars based on classics but with a modern chassis and all new components. They look old but they are all 100% new fibreglass or steel. Theres a lovely e-tyle one but thats way out our league. Seen a porsche speedster too as well as several ferrarri clones and one-off super/hyper cars. These are fully handbuild and not those diy kit-cars of the 80's & 90's.

I was surprised how many small, low volume car builders there are still out there, at least in Europe, not sure about stateside. Really thought the majors had put most of them out of business. Glad they have'nt.

This is the "new" e-type,

http://www.eaglegb.com/
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/242668/eagle_etype_speedster.html

I was in love until I saw the price! Wow! Thanks for the links, makes for some dreaming on my part. There is a company here in the States that makes cars called factory five I should look into them, but I do prefer the real deal.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2012, 01:31:48 AM »
The E type was and still is one of my favorites. Especially the earlier models.

080, if you decide with the Prowler, do test the top for leaks. Lots of them prowlers leak during rain.

Chevy is not for me too. I never mentioned the Camaro or Vette right?  ;D Cars are about love and passion and no matter how fast or powerful or whatever that Chevy to others, I just don't care.  I'm a Ford and Mopar guy. Like I said before, we had a Challenger and Mustang when I was young. Love 'em Hemi'cudas, Clevelands, Windsors, Six-packs, etc. I know 080 can relate... ;D ;D ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()