Author Topic: Problems with gas gauge  (Read 5964 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with gas gauge
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 04:43:09 AM »
Where?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 10:36:26 AM »
Costs me £4.80-£5:00 to fill my tank, about $7.80-$8:00. More than 50% of that cost is taken in tax by the government. You guys in the states pay way less for fuel than most, maybe all, European countries. We should get it cheap in Scotland cos we pull it out the seabed off our coasts, but we dont. Maybe once we get independence and all become rich we might tho..........hooe so cos those Bugatti's use a lot of fuel  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »
2 bucks a LITER? Wow...

Depending on the time you refuel, it can cost all from $1,8 to $2,3, but the 1,8 is only if you refuel at 5 or 6 monday morning, as this is almost where there are fewest cars on the road and the gas stations have to compete heavily to get the cars to refuel at them. The priciest moment are 7:30-9:40 in the morning and 13:45-17:30 in the afternoon, as this is when there are most cars on the road, and they know that the costumers are problably late for work or have to get home to cook for their family, so the costumers haven't got time to drive to their competitors to search for the cheapest fuel. ;)

Fuel is costly my friend ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
I tell people here all the time that bitching about fuel cost is stupid! Milk costs more. In fact Gas is about the CHEAPEST things per gallon in the US. Even a Gallon of Coca Cola costs more than a gallon of gas.
Acetone    14.00
battery acid   10.00
water 3.00
milk 4.50
turpentine   11.00
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 10:31:58 PM »
I tell people here all the time that bitching about fuel cost is stupid! Milk costs more. In fact Gas is about the CHEAPEST things per gallon in the US. Even a Gallon of Coca Cola costs more than a gallon of gas.
Acetone    14.00
battery acid   10.00
water 3.00
milk 4.50
turpentine   11.00

Luckily my mother pays for the milk. But wtf, that a gallon water costs $3  :o
Then our medium sized pools in Toys'r'us would cost almost $5000 just to fill with water, if you spill nothing. Do you live in the middle of a dessert er something? xD
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »
Bottled water here is the biggest thing since sliced bread. The Premium brands like "Poland Springs" or Evian sell for 1.00-2,00 for 16oz bottles. Cheap brands sell for 2.00 a gallon. This is in Fl. Surrounded by water... Odly... If you want to fill your swimming pool, you call the city, and they bypass your meter. So you can get 3-4 households worth of water for free. While everyone else is paying 75-100 a month for REAL usage. The US does some fu(ked up sh*t

Encya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 11:28:12 AM »

...wheres the math??

:P

My bad, forgot to convert km to miles.  Make that 95 mpg.

The Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 01:37:21 PM »
Costs me £4.80-£5:00 to fill my tank, about $7.80-$8:00. More than 50% of that cost is taken in tax by the government. You guys in the states pay way less for fuel than most, maybe all, European countries. We should get it cheap in Scotland cos we pull it out the seabed off our coasts, but we dont. Maybe once we get independence and all become rich we might tho..........hooe so cos those Bugatti's use a lot of fuel  ;D
You've been listening to Alex Salmond too much....

North Sea oil can't be used to make Petrol by itself it's not suitable, and you won't get rich.

Remember when he was talking up relying on the banking sector like Ireland and Iceland.......

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »
I dont need to run my Bugatti on North Sea oil, i can run it on the proceeds from the sale of the oil.
7th wealthiest nation on earth rooks when we split, no idea where you will be? 20-30 somewhere?  ;)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

The Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
Only 12% of the wealth of the UK comes from Scotland (including the declining NS oil and gas) and you get 10% of the direct finance from central govt (plus some extra for such things as armed forces) for 9% of the population, you want to split, go right ahead, you'll soon be worse off than you are now!  ;)

I'll hire a JCB and dig the ditch!  ;D

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »
I'll respectfully dispute those figures, in fact Scotland contributes far more to the UK economy than that, we contribute more to the UK economy than we take, why do you think they are so worried we will leave?

We produce 40% of the UK renewables target NOW and hope to provide 100% of Scotlands electricity by 2020. After that we will ship the surplus down to you and charge you for the privillage  :D

Our economy has faired a whole lot better than Englands has recently, we have a better health service, more top universities, some of the best conditions in the world for the growing renewables market and we still have at least 40-50 yrs of oil and gas to extract. I think we'll do just fine  :)

I'll hire a JCB and dig the ditch!  

Its ok, we already started preparations to rebuild Hadrians Wall, should be finished in time for 2014  ;D

1.     Overall Wealth: An independent Scotland would be ranked 6th in the OECD in terms of GDP per head, compared to the UK's sixteenth place (in 2010).

2.      Oil: There is up to 24 billion barrels remaining in the North Sea. Such a figure equates to a wholesale value of some £1.5 trillion in today's prices.

3.      Renewables: Scotland has around 25 percent of Europe’s potential offshore wind and tidal energy, and a tenth of Europe’s wave power potential.

4.      Food & Drink:  The latest food and drink export figures show exports are at an all time high of £5.4 billion, and growing.

5.      Public Finances: In terms of our public finances, Scotland is better off than the UK as a whole to the tune of £510 for every man, women and child in Scotland in the most recent year (2010/11).

6.      Education: Scotland has five of the top 200 universities in the world.

7.     We would be in full control of ourselvea and be run by a party we want, not as it is now where we are under Tory control even tho they got about single figures in the Scottish elections. We just would NEVER vote Tory. We had a large Lib-Dem vote in ay areas but that collapsed after they joined the Conservatives in their ConDem project.

We want to leave, many English would glady let us go, our government wants to leave but your government is the only one trying to scare us into staying.

Guess we'll see what happens come 2014, a lot can happen before then so who knows what the outcome will be. Maybe the US will invade before then and steal all the oil anyway they seem to do that everywhere else....... :P
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()