Author Topic: jet problem  (Read 3169 times)

joeboy

• View Profile
Re: jet problem
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 06:03:20 PM »
Instead of buying a bigger jet or blocking your air intake (which is simply bad practice and is like choking the motor) just lift your needle a little.

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 06:08:06 PM »
Instead of buying a bigger jet or blocking your air intake (which is simply bad practice and is like choking the motor) just lift your needle a little.

i want to block the air intake just to see if thats the speed problem. what needle are you talking about? the main jet ?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
It's the main jet needle.  Can't miss it!  The needle sticks out of the bottom of the slide and drops down into the main jet, controlling how much fuel flows past.  Blocking off the intake is really only for testing purposes, to see if the engine runs better with less air.  If it does that means that you need more fuel to mix in with "un-restricted air. 

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 06:45:51 PM »
you can laugh guys :)) but i don't know where is that needle ,from the service manual i've saw that it is inside the carb, not on it .
What do you think guys , I should strangle the tube that connect air filter with carb , or open the air filter and cover half of filter ?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »
Yes, it is inside the carb.  You just have to take the cap off the top where the throttle cable goes in to access it.  It's about the easiest carb adjustment you can do.  You don't have to take the carb apart or even off the bike to get to it.  You can cover the air inlet and try it out, but it's not something you want to be riding around with for an extended period.

joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 09:42:42 PM »
blocking the air off is the same as running the bike on choke, why dont you just disconnect the choke wires instead of messing with the airbox and waiting for the disaster of sucking something into the engine.

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 06:50:37 AM »
Yes, it is inside the carb.  You just have to take the cap off the top where the throttle cable goes in to access it.  It's about the easiest carb adjustment you can do.  You don't have to take the carb apart or even off the bike to get to it.  You can cover the air inlet and try it out, but it's not something you want to be riding around with for an extended period.

You talk about this bolt from the picture ?

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 12:07:24 PM »
I checked what franx say , I covered almoust a half of air filter paper with isolator band ,but i didn't feel to much speed 56 like that ...it may be the wind ,i'm not exactly sure , downhill it goes with 59 -60 , but i feel a loos of start power  and some vibrations  at 50 -55 km/h maybe I am paranoid  I don't know for sure ...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 10:47:29 PM »
That carb is a different design than the one I was describing.  I think you have to take to top plate off where the round part is to access the needle.  Wordslinger may be a good person to consult on this one as he has raised his needle on that style carb.  Did you cover the filter element itself?  All you need to do is cover half of the opening that leads into the airbox. 

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 10:40:29 AM »
...shaka, i reckon we found out that sticl's cdi had never been cut...gonna update today, he said in another topic...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 01:46:25 AM »
I saw that.  That makes more sense anyways!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()