Author Topic: vareator  (Read 2657 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: vareator
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 12:48:48 PM »
Shave drive face..... http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4936/pulley2.jpg

..that pic is actually showing a modded ramp...

..i'm running drive bosses that ive cut down to 1.475", which is = to 36.83mm...oem boss is 38mm
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »
well I did it I shaved the drive boss today it helps a little I only took like 1 mm off.but I did notice
I dont need the rubber seal for the kick starte because of it. how far down can I do the boss befor it interfears with the kick start.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 12:39:21 AM »
I don't have that answer but... The further you shave to down the higher the belt sits in the Var at idle. You will gain some top end but lose some bottom end. Balance... That is what you want. If low end is NO concern you CAN replace the cvt with common pulleys. It would be a speed demon. (on the flats). Serious!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 01:29:51 AM »
I don't have that answer but... The further you shave to down the higher the belt sits in the Var at idle. You will gain some top end but lose some bottom end. Balance... That is what you want. If low end is NO concern you CAN replace the cvt with common pulleys. It would be a speed demon. (on the flats). Serious!
  What ----Did you say common pulleys. No more v belt..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this might work.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 01:37:26 AM »
i want to place a two way bet....one on what part of the scoot will fail next and another for how fast will it go before said malfuntion....im sure it will be fine, do it man. im placing a bet on you breaking the sound barrier.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 01:43:11 AM »
The center post on the clutch is hardened steel. It can be removed, and welded to a common steel pulley. A spacer behind it made of the same hardened steel will allow you to set the offset. Your Boss is a template for another spacer, and the splined drive face is the "stay for the frony. Weld the drive face to another pulley, and there you have it. This is a dirrect drive set up but a longer belt, and an idler pulley can be used to act as a lever to allow slip. This is how "salt flats" scoots are set up. This link shows one with a clutch. More complex but the same idea...

I think you'll see why I am heading towards a HGT Aprilia!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 05:14:12 AM »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 08:48:47 PM »
that would work better for 2 stroks cant push start a 4.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »
that would work better for 2 stroks cant push start a 4.

??? Can't push start anything with a cvt.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
Ill pass on trying this.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 10:44:16 PM »
That's what I was trying to say.  I've tried it, and to a certain point it did work, knowing where to stop is impossible to know...at least by only guessing!  You won't know you've gone too far until it fails and locks up your cvt!  At this point I "think" I know how far I can take it, but haven't felt like ruining a perfectly good variator in the process!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()