Author Topic: Hello All....new to the 50cc scooter world.  (Read 7103 times)

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All....new to the 50cc scooter world.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 09:49:44 AM »
i did ponder about slinging a 150 in my Ag. i think it was a 139QMJ.....i think.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

chevysales

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 11:59:46 AM »
The real point of my post was to sort out what you really liked vs the best value. While 2t's have it ALL OVER 4t's the longevity of a 4t is amazing. Yes they do chug but Lots of cheap parts can be found to kick it up a few notches. a well tuned 2t will never lose to a 4t but the 2t will be broken down well before the 4.
Just a basic statement but pretty much correct. With any new scoot things will break. WARRANTY! I started with just wanting a simple 2t to blast around on, and it has turned into a rest of my life deal. Better, and faster is my new scoot mantra. If I were to do it again... I would get the 4t, and go on with other interests. Not even a month ago I argued the point of a 5,000.00 scooter being "insane" BUT that is my get it home budget... Who knows where the cap is.
Enough of ME. The dealer selling roadside assistance may be bundled into the price, and he is enrolling you under the table as it were. Figure AAA is xxx,$'s. Take that off the price for his attempt, and make a deal. I would not worry about "local" for the sale either. You may find a leftover for 1/2 the price out of state somewhere. Try Googling xxx for sale. Loads of dealers will show up. The dealer won't help any faster or better no matter where you buy it. Warranty service is national, and not dealer based. Either way they get paid.

I hear ya... and was looking for input hence my post so thanks. I still haven't ruled out the aprilia sr50 but want to make sure he has a 2012 when I go down Saturday.

That aside what 4T were you looking/thinging about as the few i have seen din't do much for me or had there own issues. The yamaha zuma 50f..... the 2012 piaggio fly has recalls (ignition) and seemingly enough complaints of it's own. I wasn't impressed with the Tomas Nitro either less money but again seems like less quality to my eyes. Staying 50cc as easy laws here in CT all you need is a drivers license and sunglasses :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 03:50:57 AM »
http://www.genuinescooters.com/roughhouse.html
These will run forever. Let out a bunch of air from the tires, and ride anywhere.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 05:23:46 AM »
Nice PGO.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
Nice PGO.

looks abit like the Billy wiz my mate used to have.

chevysales

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »
http://www.genuinescooters.com/roughhouse.html
These will run forever. Let out a bunch of air from the tires, and ride anywhere.

My dealer is a genuine dealer have to see if he has one i know he sells a lot of "buddies" as i saw 2 young ladies like early 30's buying 2 last saturday... one in that light orange color. Actually the dealer is a powersport dealer and has about the largest selection in state...got him down to $1799 and only $99 on freight on 2012 super8 2t in black/silver but as you can see I am having second thoughts. Funny as I do a lot of our internet work at my dealership and I

I had some one else push for the piaggio fly 50v a four stroker of course but whats weird i looked at them before and at their website they show a 2012 which looks just like 2011 yet googling shows a "new redesigned 2013" it definitely looks different with triangle shaped headlight and black stripe down middle on whites one instead of the stickers i see now. Wanted to get one this Saturday and of course money is burning a whole in my pocket but I can take whatever time and get it right for my needs versus wants. Thanks again to all in this thread who have chimed in and helped.

edit: yep checked his website and he has them. going to check these out Saturday. Wonder how I missed that one as I though I looked at just about them all.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:45:55 PM by chevysales »

sentinex

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 07:55:41 PM »
If you can get a piggio get one, they engines are the best in the market, remember Aprilia is owned by piaggio nowadays and they come with piaggio engines anyway. If you are looking for decent quality and a 2 year warranty then get a Kymco, but don't be surprise if one day you get outperformed in the street by a scooter with a piaggio engine.

Also Something I want to point out, most people buy 50cc and immediately they jump in the forums asking here what mods they can do to get them to 60 to 70 MPH, if you gonna be looking for those speeds and or long commutes I recommend you you jump into the 125cc to 150 cc Category at the long run is cheaper to get those because modding can be extremely expensive,, if you don't believe me ask zombie.

my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:17:49 PM by sentinex »

chevysales

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 09:06:54 PM »
If you can get a piggio get one, they engines are the best in the market, remember Aprilia is owned by piaggio nowadays and they come with piaggio engines anyway. If you are looking for decent quality and a 2 year warranty then get a Kymco, but don't be surprise if one day you get outperformed in the street by a scooter with a piaggio engine.

Also Something I want to point out, most people buy 50cc and immediately they jump in the forums asking here what mods they can do to get them to 60 to 70 MPH, if you gonna be looking for those speeds and or long commutes I recommend you you jump into the 125cc to 150 cc Category at the long run is cheaper to get those because modding can be extremely expensive,, if you don't believe me as zombie.

my 2 cents.

thanks for the info much appreciate it.

don't see myself doing too much but riding actually.

as long as it's sunny i will be on the beach not in my garage :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 01:09:54 AM »
Hopefully we all will visit the same beach one day. ALOT of good people here. (Jpres. too)   Haaaa Thought I was gonna say Axy didn't ya!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 01:59:55 AM »
Hopefully we all will visit the same beach one day. ALOT of good people here. (Jpres. too)   Haaaa Thought I was gonna say Axy didn't ya!

I'll reserve two chairs for you and Axy...http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ct-T58eEjBc/T2cgIdLnaDI/AAAAAAAABKs/4PrbnLfjVBY/s1600/boracay+beach.jpg

chevysales

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 02:49:29 AM »
I'll reserve two chairs for you and Axy...http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ct-T58eEjBc/T2cgIdLnaDI/AAAAAAAABKs/4PrbnLfjVBY/s1600/boracay+beach.jpg

now that looks like my original home in soflo...

our town beach here in ct doesn't have the palm trees....

but yea thats what i am talking about.

chevysales

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 03:20:54 PM »
yes me again.... downloaded a manual for kymco just to see what i am in for in maintenance and doesn't seem like much at all. I am speaking in general terms about oil,trans, air cleaner, etc. i know how to use my hands.

i noticed in kymco manual they spoke of soaking air cleaner which i assume is foam. soaking in solvent to clean, dry then  soak in 90w gear oil (that stuff stinks like crap) so is that what everyone uses "if" they stay stock? I will be by shore so k & n is out too much fine sand so stock is it. i read about squeezing out excess.

trying to find out if it has the smooth boss and jet under seat with tools and if i can wait around while they do it so i can drive away with everything done at 0 miles. I willl either be coming home tommorrow with the black 2012 super 8 2T, the piaggio fly 50v (white or blue haven't decided) or may piss my wife off and buy the aprilia sr50 factory in what ever color they have.

again i want to thank you all cause like my photgraphy sites (nikon D700 full frame with nikkor 24-70 f2.8 and nikor 70-200VR1 f2.8 which in my kata backpack would be the heaviest extra weight bike will have on it other than me)i go to everyone is helpful

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 11:41:15 PM »

is Axy your arch nemesis or summit? by the way....who is D Hughes?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 12:02:54 AM »
....who is D Hughes?

..i'm ur huckleberry!....

;)
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()