Author Topic: Do i need a bigger main jet?  (Read 16427 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Do i need a bigger main jet?
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »
..streido...wow...i thot i was the only one that hadda run that large of jetting with my k&n...

Thats why i tried an 88 1st, that seemed to be what other i read read had been using  :-\

Maybe our filters just are more free flowing or something? Or if your running your old carb off ole faithful it maybe its that cos mine is an early 2008 model. All i know is it ran like crap till i closed off some of the filter with tape. Was unridable over 10mph, folk were walking past me laughing  :D

Jets were ordered and have been despatched today so i expect them tomorrow, now i just need the time to fit them and test it out. May end up waiting till Fri so i have all weekend to set it up well, dont want to be rushing it to get it all back together for work next day or run it if its not running well.

Then again.........If i get home early enough i may try one or 2 jets tomorrow, those brown parcels always have a way of telling you to open them and play with the contents as soon as they arrive :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:01:08 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 10:06:01 PM »
...the airbox drain tube is a different tube...

Yeah, but both goin to the small block fitted under the airbox so i assumed they were connected in the block? So you just leave the breather hose to drain from the valve cover and remove the clear drain hose from under the airbox with the airbox, we dont need that bit?

Cool. Wonder if that wouldve affected my top speed on testing the other day since the pressure had no release?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 12:13:31 AM »
That wont affect running until it causes the engine seals to blow from the pressure inside the crank case
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 01:36:18 AM »
Or if your running your old carb off ole faithful it maybe its that cos mine is an early 2008 model.

...i am running the 2008 carb..09 accellerater pump was fukd...

we dont need that bit?

..true that...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:01 AM »

If i get home early enough i may try one or 2 jets tomorrow, those brown parcels always have a way of telling you to open them and play with the contents as soon as they arrive

...i gotta package!!

:o
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:42:48 AM by wordslinger »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2012, 02:05:20 AM »
That wont affect running until it causes the engine seals to blow from the pressure inside the crank case

???

..50,000kms later....

..never had that happen...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 07:14:20 AM »
...i am running the 2008 carb..09 accellerater pump was fukd..

Maybe the newer carbs are different then? Who knows. Im just jealous of your large package lol  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
Thats why i tried an 88 1st, that seemed to be what other i read read had been using  :-\

Maybe our filters just are more free flowing or something? Or if your running your old carb off ole faithful it maybe its that cos mine is an early 2008 model. All i know is it ran like crap till i closed off some of the filter with tape. Was unridable over 10mph, folk were walking past me laughing  :D

Jets were ordered and have been despatched today so i expect them tomorrow, now i just need the time to fit them and test it out. May end up waiting till Fri so i have all weekend to set it up well, dont want to be rushing it to get it all back together for work next day or run it if its not running well.

Then again.........If i get home early enough i may try one or 2 jets tomorrow, those brown parcels always have a way of telling you to open them and play with the contents as soon as they arrive :D

Not more free flowing. Once my open cone air filter fell off, and i drove several kilometres without air filter and with #86 jet and the same top speed (45+ mph). This was on my 2008 model.
The Carburator got some scratches (from little rocks and dust) on the intake side during the time i ran with an open cone filter, and i found out that the only open cone filter which filters like a normal air filter is the K&N filter. But all those i ran with was with 0,84 - 0,86mm Which is #84 and #86 :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
This is bugging me now. Going to phone the wife at lunchtime and check if my jets arrived in the post today, if they did i think i'll leave work early and try them out later today. I reckon i need near the 110 of my drilled out 1mm jet was accurate.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »
Maybe the newer carbs are different then? Who knows. Im just jealous of your large package lol  :D

Well, there is a little diffrence from the 2008 carb and the 2010 carb, although they have the same part no. LDC8-E10 (where LDC8 is the part no. and E10 means that it can run with 10% ethanol). The only diffrence i saw was in the inside of the bottom, where the old one had numbers inside and a slightly diffrent placement of where the accellerator pump sucks fuel from. :D

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 10:34:07 AM »
My jets have arrived so i plan on skipping out of here in 2-3 hrs and going home early to try a few out. Let u know what happens. Its way too sunny today to be at real work anyway  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »
My jets have arrived so i plan on skipping out of here in 2-3 hrs and going home early to try a few out. Let u know what happens. Its way too sunny today to be at real work anyway  :D

I wish i could do the same :D    ... awwww i envy you ;)

Its so nice weather :D

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 07:36:39 PM »
Put in the 110 jet earlier and gave it a good run. Ran well, too speed back up to about 78km/h, checked my plug and it looked not too bad, seemed pretty close but it was an old plug i had cleaned up so i went to buy a new one and tried again. They only had an iridium plug left ao i took that. Just back in, still runs pretty good, same speed, but i reckon i could go up a little larger yet on my jet to between a 112-115 maybe. I took some pics of my old and new plug so will post them up soon and you can see what you guys think, need a bath and a drink 1st.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 08:03:04 PM »
Put in the 110 jet earlier and gave it a good run. Ran well, too speed back up to about 78km/h, checked my plug and it looked not too bad,

..and ppl thot I was crazy...

:o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:10:42 PM by wordslinger »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »
Heres 2 pics of my older plug i had cleaned up previously,not sure how accurate i can judge it since its about 6 months old.

Looked not too bad after a run on the 110 jet and filter fully open. The insulator was already brown before i started, maybe from test runs at the weekend.

Heres the new iridium plug after a run of 6-7 miles mostly at WOT. It was dark when i took these pics so the colours are not exact but not far off the actual.

k
I still think i need a little bigger yet, im going to order a 112 and a 115 tomorrow. Plan on running it to work and back tomorrow then ill check plug again tomorrow night.

Ran it to 78km/h and it was only at about 6750 rpm so i think i still got a little power and top speed to squeeze out of it yet.  :D

Once i get the jetting exact i thin i'll get another 3-4 mph, then i can try a few of the other belts i have and finalise my spring tune.  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()