Author Topic: Carb tuning and picture  (Read 7681 times)

Ybslow

• View Profile
Carb tuning and picture
« on: October 21, 2009, 12:46:27 PM »
Hello all,

Can anyone help me "tune" my carb and direct me to a picture shoing what each screw is and does when you turn it?

Thanks in advance!!!

Rob

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Carb tuning and picture
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 05:36:16 PM »
With out the make of the carb. we wouldn't know what type of idle circut adjustment you have. There are two common types, and they are both adjusted in the same fashion however. The Larger of the 2 screws is the idle rpm adjustment. When you turn it clockwise it will raise the rpm's.Turn it clockwise to slightly increase the idle. The smaller screw adjusts the idle mixture. Turn this screw 1/4-1/2 a turn counter clockwise and note the difference in rpm's. If they drop, turn back to the start position,and turn 1/4-1/2 turn past that. If they climb, continue 1/4 turn at a time until they drop. Once they do drop turn back to the highest rpm's, and then turn 1/4 turn counter clockwise. this will be your final setting. You can then turn the rpm adjustment back down to a normal idle. Thats all there is to it
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 07:55:07 PM »
..are you tuning because you have made some mods?..

peace

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Ybslow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 11:48:10 AM »
no mods and it's a stock carb.   I'll try the big screw small screw approach.   Thanks  :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 12:17:41 PM »
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/35810/Kymco_Agility%2050.html

..a link to the A50 service manual...It has a lot of good pics and is loaded with information..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()