Author Topic: Buying OEM parts...  (Read 2025 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Buying OEM parts...
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2020, 10:16:55 AM »
Yes, want dealer phone numbers to contact their parts desk?
Go to kymcousa.com, "dealer search", tell it you live in Denver, ,NYC, Portland, Los Angeles, Chicago, Cleveland,  or Miami, etc....search dealers within 100 miles of that city.
Go to those dealer web sites, use phone numbers, give parts desk a call, or use their parts/prices diagrams and order your parts.
At least 2 of the dealers listed in "General Discussion "sticky list phone numbers.
A couple of phone calls should give you what you want.
You can do this from any country. I go to piaggio.it to find scooter dealers in Italy.
Stig
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 10:25:28 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2020, 04:00:22 AM »
I think I've mentioned this before, but this method ONLY works within the USA.  Are you able to provide the same for those of us OUTSIDE the USA? 

All we need is a phone number, nothing else, no website, etc.

Kymco websites are regional & don't allow access for foreigners.

Phoning Kymco will yield a website that crosses borders.  But to do this, we need a phone number which only this forum knows.

Thanks!

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2020, 05:12:02 AM »
Two of us have asked what country you live so that we could help you. You have yet to do that. BTW, there is no reason for you to call any Kymco distributor. If you simply call a dealer for whatever you need, they can help you. I’m not sure what you want.

You'll be glad to know I'm making progress!  It appears that my Kymco Sento 100 has a Kawasaki KFX100 ATV engine, so with that info, I'm able to find some basic parts (starter, clutch, belts, variator, etc) from my local Kawasaki dealer.  My next challenge is that my Kymco has a Kymco-brand carburetor.   Similar to a Keihin, but not exactly.  The Kawasaki ATV has a Kawasaki carb, totally different again, not much use.  FWIW, the Kymco 100cc is not a bored out 50cc, it's a different engine with a "silent" starter.

With a 150cc Kawasaki Big Bore Kit, I should be able to outrun the 150cc Ruckus crowd! 

I appreciate everyone's help. I think we're making progress in finding parts.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:33:57 PM by JJJoseph »

Jono21

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2020, 10:55:46 PM »
I need a part that cost $1.98 but everywhere wants $9.99 for shipping anyone know a place that doesn't make money? The part could literally be put in an envelope lol.

Dakiddd390

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Today at 10:08:15 PM »
Those anyone have parts for a Kymco like 150 ..? I need front plastics and and the part for thr stairing that holds the front shocks … 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()