Poll

How do you cut the cdi unit I don't know which part to cut :( please help thanks

Help
0 (0%)
Me
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: How to cut the cdi  (Read 14874 times)

Encya

• View Profile
Re: How to cut the cdi
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »
Great.  I'm thinking of ordering some 5.5g & 6g rollers to experiment with, along with a race variator and the torque springs as well.  Because I only weigh about 155 lbs. my optimum setup may vary slightly from yours.  But it seems like you're in the ball park of where I wanna be.  I would like to use Dr Pulley Sliders rather than the rollers.  I doesn't seem like may guys on here are using the sliders though?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »
I want to switch to the sliders too but have been waiting till I have it set up just right so I can order the weight im happy with.

Once I do my fly springs I may well order 5.5g sliders, think I want to try 5g or 4.5g rollers 1st tho maybe. When I find what weight works best with my final set up then I will def get some sliders.

I gained probably 5-8mph top end after I fitted my race variator, but he acceleration is a lot smoother and is faster too. I did have a notable flat spot around 30mph on the stock variator. I had very slight flat spot after fitting the race variator and now with the 1000rpm torque spring in I have no flat spots at all, it just pulls all the way to top speed. 5-8mph faster uphill too now with new spring in.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
Buy various sets of cheap rollers first to work out what weight you want, remembering that cheap ones do wear out quicker. No point wasting money, once you have your setup worked out, then buy the sliders. I am using Dr. Pulley sliders and do like them. I have heard that when using Dr. Pulley sliders, to use 1/2-1 gram heavier that you would with rollers, though I don't know if there is anything in that.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 02:11:03 PM »
Thanks for that sid, will keep it in mind when i so get round to ordering some.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Encya

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 04:06:11 PM »
Buy various sets of cheap rollers first to work out what weight you want, remembering that cheap ones do wear out quicker. No point wasting money, once you have your setup worked out, then buy the sliders. I am using Dr. Pulley sliders and do like them. I have heard that when using Dr. Pulley sliders, to use 1/2-1 gram heavier that you would with rollers, though I don't know if there is anything in that.

Thanks sloth, testing rollers then going to sliders was what I originally planned on doing, but was concerned with what you mentioned about possibly having to go heavier when going to sliders.  So I may just get 5.5g & 6g sliders, as I'm pretty sure from what I've read on here, that one or the other will work pretty well for me.

About the variator?  Does Dr Pulley sell one for our AG 50's?

Charlie_edwards

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »
What and where do the torque springs go and what do they improve and what are they for ?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »
The torque spring sits behind the clutch and controls when the belt moves up and down the rear pulley. The rear pulley is kind of like a rear gear on a pedal bike.

It improves uphill speed and gives you a more torquey feel to it, get u back up to speed quicker, especially after slowing down for traffic or bends.

Think standard is about 850rpm, most agility 50 users seem to favor changing it and using a 1000rpm spring. Thats what I did on my scooter last weekend, and it feels much nicer to ride now.

Like I said before tho, best to just de-restrict 1st and see how you feel then. You might not want to do any more than a derestrict.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 07:59:24 AM »
i think i may be going with a 1500 torque spring next i want to run heavier weights for staying power at higher speed but it still won't keep my revs high enough with the 8 gram weights for now though i think i'm going to try my 5.8s for a few days
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()