Offroad > Mongoose

2003/2004 kymco mongoose 90

(1/1)

Lineman30:
This was purchased new, and full engine rebuild 6 years ago or so. Currently has no spark doesn’t have a battery have been trying to kickstart, does this bike need a battery in order to get power to the cdi even when kickstarting? All research points towards this model having a dc cdi and the one in the atv is still the original from sept 2003. Thanks all!

Lineman30:

--- Quote from: Lineman30 on March 17, 2024, 10:00:46 PM ---This was purchased new, and full engine rebuild 6 years ago or so. Currently has no spark doesn’t have a battery have been trying to kickstart, does this bike need a battery in order to get power to the cdi even when kickstarting? All research points towards this model having a dc cdi and the one in the atv is still the original from sept 2003. Thanks all!

--- End quote ---
Fourwheeler now has spark, however it will only run with the auto choke removed and finger over the hole. I cannot seem to find a replacement carb for this model, I’ve cleaned the carb 4 times including letting it soak overnight. Carb is a keihin with 42mm mounting.

Bratman2:
Well, I went out there and disconnected the battery on our 90 just to see if it would crank with the kick start. It did! Guess you know that now. Have you checked Ebay for the carb?

Ebay has two! A brand new one and a used one off a 2010 model! I think your mm mounting hole may be off some. When I searched Keihin 42mm it was listing carbs for 500cc machines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version