Offroad > Side By Side

2015 450i steering column loose

(1/1)

mstparker:
Wobbles every direction. Still steers good, all the knuckle joints are good. Saw some fixes by putting a plastic bushing back in place, but I don’t see it. Any ideas?

Edit: plastic bushing is hard to see but I managed to push it back down into the hole. All is well again.

nostinkinroads:

--- Quote from: mstparker on October 10, 2023, 01:02:13 PM ---Wobbles every direction. Still steers good, all the knuckle joints are good. Saw some fixes by putting a plastic bushing back in place, but I don’t see it. Any ideas?

Edit: plastic bushing is hard to see but I managed to push it back down into the hole. All is well again.

--- End quote ---
I'm in the process of stripping a '15 down to the frame working on other issues and was going to mention the bushing I discovered on mine...nevermind.
BTW this one is liable to be for sale pretty soon for parts if I can't figure out a fix to the no start problem (separate thread).

mstparker:
Revisiting this. The sucker keeps coming loose and I keep poking the bushing back in there. I would like to pull the steering wheel off and get a better look at it but can’t get it off. Whats the procedure? Do I just need a steering wheel puller?

mstparker:

--- Quote from: mstparker on January 21, 2024, 03:23:14 PM ---Revisiting this. The sucker keeps coming loose and I keep poking the bushing back in there. I would like to pull the steering wheel off and get a better look at it but can’t get it off. Whats the procedure? Do I just need a steering wheel puller?

--- End quote ---
I will answer myself. I kept shaking the steering wheel gently and pulling on it and it slipped off. My brother in law had a couple different pullers but they were too big. The bushing looked ok. I had pushed it back down with a flat screwdriver. If it comes loose again I will pull the wheel and do something to make it stay. Ductape or something lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version