Scooters - 125 to 300 > People GT 300i

kymco codes 12,37,33,6,9

(1/2) > >>

Nemo:
Hello everyone, regards from Malta.. this is my first time posting but not new.. I have been laying low just reading and learning. Most of the problems with my Kymco have been solved thanks to all of you guys, never needed to ask anything as I have found my answers reading through other posts.
This time it is different. Scooter stopped all of a sudden about a month ago and until today I was not able to revive it.. after countless testing and relay swapping and recharging the battery I got it started however it is not idling smoothly and besides being louder than usual, a tapping sound together with a bunch of codes popped up and I cannot delete them. Theses are the codes and they appear in this order; 12,37,33,6,9 . I will study these further but in the meantime I am open for advice from fellow friends who have experienced similar issues. Tomorrow I will check the valves just to check where this noisy tapping is coming from. Will report back.
Ride safe y'all.. ;)  8)

Ruffus:
@Nemo welcome here!
Please give some more details about your scoot:
Exact model, year, km, former illnesses, etc..pp
- does it start now flawless?
- kind of noise?
- exactely from where?
- what was renewed lately and by whom?
Things like that.

Sudden stopping (motorwise) means usually coil, cable, plug, cap, ECU , fuse, groundcable off or corroded..
Have a look for that and let us know.

mousejunks:
From the manual:

06 is faulty TPS
09 is faulty MAP
12 is faulty water temperature sensor
33 faulty injector
37 is faulty inductive ignition coil

It is extremely unlikely that all the components have failed at the same time. Due to the random codes, I strongly suspect that the ECU is bad and needs to be replaced.

I also had random codes that suddenly appeared and it was a faulty ECU. Replacing the ECU solved the issue 100%. https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=30581.0

Neil955i:
Welcome to the forum Nemo and good luck with scooter.

Whereabouts in Malta are you? We have relatives in Paola and my wife’s Mother came from Cospicua.

Ruffus:
Mouse, I think you're right in this case!

Nemo, even with suspecting an ECU failure, try first the less expensive variant like coil, plug, etc..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version