Motorcycles > Venox 250

Carb Synchronization, Where to plug?

(1/1)

WineryCowboy:
Hi,

I noticed my top muffler exhaust is not outputting much heat compared to the bottom muffler so I’m looking to synch my carbs on my 2005 Kymco Venox  hoping that’ll fix thems up, but not 100% sure where I am supposed to plug into? Also not sure where I should do the adjustment for the carbs? I recently got my hands on a Morgan carbtune.

CROSSBOLT:

--- Quote from: WineryCowboy on July 21, 2023, 12:30:16 AM ---Hi,

I noticed my top muffler exhaust is not outputting much heat compared to the bottom muffler so I’m looking to synch my carbs on my 2005 Kymco Venox  hoping that’ll fix thems up, but not 100% sure where I am supposed to plug into? Also not sure where I should do the adjustment for the carbs? I recently got my hands on a Morgan carbtune.

--- End quote ---
One method adopted by poor souls forced to synch carbs on BMC cars in the 60's was a rubber tube as a listening device. One end alternately in the opening of each carb, the other end near the mech/tech's good ear and adjust so each sounded the same. The sound was a "hiss."

JJJoseph:
Check your exhaust plumbing carefully.  Many small v-twins like the little Viragos have a "fake" muffler atop the real muffler.  If you look underneath you might find you have the same fake arrangement.

WineryCowboy:

--- Quote from: JJJoseph on July 21, 2023, 05:25:02 AM ---Check your exhaust plumbing carefully.  Many small v-twins like the little Viragos have a "fake" muffler atop the real muffler.  If you look underneath you might find you have the same fake arrangement.

--- End quote ---
Hi, I’m aware of the old viragos having fake mufflers but I’m pretty confident the Venox has both real ones, I checked the parts diagram and remember seeing the top muffler going to the front combustion chamber and the bottom muffler to the rear chamber.
I attached the part diagram photo I mentioned, the longer tube extending far out to the left is for the top muffler I’m concerned about, the shorter one is the bottom muffler. The more I think about it, I believe the difference in exhaust temps is possibly due to the bottom muffler having a shorter length of piping to the rear combustion chamber therefore less travel for heat to exit the muffler versus the top muffler having twice as long of piping to the front chamber resulting in more distance between the exhaust and the chamber. I guess simply put, the shorter the pipe to the combustion chamber, the warmer the exhaust since it’s closer. The longer the pipe, the further away from the chamber thus less by the time it exits the muffler.

Id still like to know where I need to plug my carb sync tool as well and where the adjustment is haha if anyone knows that’d be great.

CROSSBOLT:
My mistake missing Motgan carbtune! Your carbs may NOT have any vacuum taps and that would be a bummer since the Morgan uses vacuum to work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version