Motorcycles > Venox 250

Turn Signals Not Flashing, Stay Solid

(1/2) > >>

WineryCowboy:
Hello, as title states, the turn signals do not flash and just stay solid. I replaced the flasher relay with a brand new one but still the same symptom, all lights work, they just don’t flash, any ideas? I’m thinking about just buying some electrical contact cleaner and spraying the connector that connects to the flasher relay but other than that I have no other clue.

Alan F.:
I'd check for corrosion inside the socket, and at all of the places where the turn signals bolt onto the frame. When connections get dirty their electrical Resistance rises. At some point Resistance from dirty connections reaches the point where the turn signal flasher can't even tell that there's just a couple of bulbs connected to it, and it stops flashing.

It's the opposite situation of when a turn signal bulb blows, with only one good bulb the resistance is lower and the one good bulb flashes twice as fast.

WineryCowboy:
I opened up the covers to the bulbs and the not sure how the bulbs are secured, is it twisted in or is there like something to push to release it? They’re so fragile I’m afraid to break them with my fingers alone haha

Alan F.:
It's actually a combination of push and twist.
Some visuals:

Neil955i:
Nice clear tutorial there Alan, well done!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version