Offroad > Side By Side

broke again

(1/2) > >>

randyo:
my 450i go clickity click on front axle, last  time it was a broken frame

plowing beats the sh!t out of a vehicle, at least I got enuf done to get in and out, and mailbox is cleared for the mailman

Stig / Major Tom:
On an Audi 4000S when it makes that noise it's a failed CV joint.

Stig

randyo:

--- Quote from: Stig / Major Tom on March 18, 2023, 11:47:06 AM ---On an Audi 4000S when it makes that noise it's a failed CV joint.

Stig

--- End quote ---

pretty sure that's what's going on in my Silverado, my UXV450i, don't think so, last time, it was a broken frame, good 4wd going forward, but not backing up, the front driveline was actually separating, this may be going on again

airshot:
Well that really sucks !!!  If you have it welded again, make sure they enhance the welded area with gussets or a number of other methods that can actually make the joint stronger than the original.
From your stories, I know you have gotten every ounce of strength out of it !!  Good luck...wrong time of year for a break down...

randyo:

--- Quote from: airshot on March 19, 2023, 08:06:01 PM ---Well that really sucks !!!  If you have it welded again, make sure they enhance the welded area with gussets or a number of other methods that can actually make the joint stronger than the original.
From your stories, I know you have gotten every ounce of strength out of it !!  Good luck...wrong time of year for a break down...

--- End quote ---

hopefully no more storms, I went out today and moved it around a bit, might be just a CV  does it more when wheels are turned sharper. I was able to push a small pile of snow that was blocking access to my dumpster. Probably take the plow off and drive it to dealer next week

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version