Author Topic: Bodywork  (Read 511 times)

Markm

• View Profile
Bodywork
« on: March 06, 2023, 11:29:51 PM »
Hi Everyone! Any idea if this is an easy fix where the body work has separated from the footboard?

Thanks!

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Bodywork
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 12:04:37 AM »
Kymco bodywork is usually a combination of a few screws plus a number of tabs that snap in place. It looks like yours have popped out. Have you tried to push it back in place? Might require removal and then reinstallation.

Did you hit something to cause the bodywork to come unfastened?
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Markm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 01:27:01 AM »
Thanks for the reply!

Its one I'm thinking of buying, so just want to know if its an easy fix!... The previous owner told me it fell over because of the spring on the side stand which I understand is self retracting? There's a few scratches to the body work on the same side

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 02:51:47 AM »
Yeah, a tip over, brake lever nicely curled and some areas damaged.
Should be able to put floor back together.
Unless something changed, the Like's side-stand is not self-retracting. Scoot suffered an operator error🙃
Make certain it starts, idles and revs nicely.
The start on this model should be nearly instantaneous!...and then idle smoothly.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 12:29:27 PM »
@Markm, welcome here.
LH brake lever either rebent with a C-clamp and some wood between, if it breaks buy a new aftermarket for a few $$.

Scratches on mudguard, sideboard, casco and topcase are just estethical. Could  be let, or fixed easily by touch up polish or additional stripes.

Sideboard just push back in as lahawk says.
As Stig states, this 200i (in sane condtion) start instantely after touching the button and haven't had any issues.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Markm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 08:04:39 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I got it she's a beauty!
I fixed the handle no worries but the side panel won't click back into place, any idea how to do it, I tried un-bolting/screwing the footboard but it wouldn't come off so couldn't get to it!

Also any idea where I can get the colour code for Red 2019? want to get some touch up paint!

Thanks!

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 02:25:31 PM »
I don't know about the Like, specifically, but many Kymco scoots have panels with somewhat hidden fasteners or one panel is overlapped by another, requiring its removal in order to remove your desired panel. You just need to spend time looking closely at the panels to try to figure out how they are attached. Knowing how to remove your bodywork is a good skill to have as a scooter owner.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 04:36:23 PM »
I don't know about the Like, specifically, but many Kymco scoots have panels with somewhat hidden fasteners or one panel is overlapped by another, requiring its removal in order to remove your desired panel. You just need to spend time looking closely at the panels to try to figure out how they are attached. Knowing how to remove your bodywork is a good skill to have as a scooter owner.
Agreed - it'd be easier to explain if we've ever been messing with those panels! ....even then I'd probably forgotten what I learned 2 yrs ago!
You really just have to sit next to it, maybe with a flashlight, and some of those nylon panel tools (car door-panels, etc) and explore how things are attached. Cycleplepedia.com explains what has to be removed in order to do certain servicing - a belt replacement etc. - always listing the order panels must come off. (often I find that I can get by removing fewer than instructed - but they're being through)
I do know that some panels on the LIKE200i have ends that are fastened by screws - then the part must be slid either left or right for it to release. The tab is fitted into a slot...and is unlocked by sliding.
Paint codes. No idea. Maybe take a part to an autopaint shop for them to match. I see used panels freq on ebay.

Stig

does the VIN give a hint to the paint codes??
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 04:38:44 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 08:17:48 PM »
There where your rear footpegs are, look beneath, this floor/side panel is fixed with a screw down there.
Open this footpeg, loosen this screw, move the panel all the way forward, slide into this latches, slide it back, fix the screw.
Your scoots sidestand should be down, to ease this move.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:22:08 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()